2005 Ford Expedition

The Best SUV for the money by Rich-K from Hampshire, IL on 12/01/2010. Trim: 2005 Ford Expedition King Ranch 4WD, Owned 4 years.
Pros: Very responsive, wide power band, great ride, very roomy, for a large vehicle it handles amazingly well. Very easy to manuver in tight spots like parking spaces. Gas mileage combined city/highway average 16.5. Air suspension has worked perfectly wither empty or fully loaded. Couldn't tell the difference. It handles exceptionally. Dual climate control works perfectly, wither the temperature is sub zero or 105 degrees. The King Ranch package fit and finish is very well done. No problems.
Cons: The only thing I would like is if the middle seats were a little more comfortable for adults. It's fine for younger children.
Overall review: I would recommend this vehicle to anyone who needs a larger vehicle. I don't know of any other vehicle this size that meets my needs any better. Can drive long distances in great comfort. Gas mileage is very consistant. Always has more power than needed.
Airplane On Wheels by Junky in Jersey on 05/02/2005. Trim: 2005 Ford Expedition XLT 4WD, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Airplane On Wheels! Engine is magnificent. Seats are the most comfortable in all seating positions; yes, including the third row. Visibility is great, with large side mirrors and thoughtful simple boxy body style. Took our new Expedition on a 2,000-mile road trip and never had a slight problem cruising at 85-mph for at least 6 hours straight everyday. Engine never complained nor whined even with the A/C on full blast. Climbed through mountain passes with ease. Passenger compartment is simple yet supportive. Leg room, head room are ample in all three rows. Storage galore, especially with the huge center console. Independent rear suspension is heaven for rear passengers.
Cons: Gas mileage, of course. Feeding 5.7-liter V8 ain't cheap these days, so don't expect to use this as a daily driver. But for the family's long-hauler, this is the best truck around. Cargo space is limited with the third-row up. You will have to sacrifice at least one seat if you plan to bring in extra luggages for a trip. Can't fit in most commercial city garages because of its height. But for a full-sized SUV, this is comparably smaller and easier to handle than a Chevy/GMC or Toyota Sequoia, so no real complaints here.
Overall review: The nearest thing to ever flying First Class on the road. The best big car for the driver AND passengers. I will be keeping mine for a long, long, long time.
I've enjoyed my ownership of an Expedition by ATLOffroad on 11/18/2009. Trim: 2005 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer 2WD, Owned 4 years.
Pros: The acceleration this large vehicle is quite impressive. I have been everywhere from Georgia to Seattle, Washington and put 89,000 miles on the SUV and the engine still runs smooth and has been trouble free since new. The seat are very comfortable on all three rows. I also love that the 3rd row seats fold down flat into the floor, perfect for my dog. The last thing is the steering is nice and responsive. It takes minimal effort to turn the steering wheel which helps in parking lots.
Cons: I have had many electrical issues, especially the driver's seat adjusting motor. The motor has quit working twice and has been around $400 per replacement. The odd thing is that I don't adjust the driver's seat very much. Also the rear A/C stopped working. In the beginning is stopped working completely, then about 6 months after getting fixed it began to rattle. My local mechanic says he's seen lots of Expeditions in with problems with the rear A/C.
Overall review: I purchased an Expedition because for the great room for my tall family and the fact I pull a 6'X12' UHaul trailer on about half the trips I go on. On my road trips I avg 19mpg and usually go about 450 miles nonstop, this still amazes me since the engine is also strong and has plenty of power. Recently, on a trip to Arkansas there were six adults traveling together and we all were able to fit in the Expedition. The 3rd row seats can lower independently, so one side was down to make room for our luggage while the other side stayed up for a 5'9" person to sit comfortably. There aren't very many vehicles out there that can do that. Every time I turn the key the engine starts up which is a nice feeling to have.
Better MPGs than you would think. by Mike, Atlanta on 04/22/2008. Trim: 2005 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer 2WD, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: This vehicle is exceptionally roomy and comfortable out on the highway.
Cons: Other than the obvious gas mileage thing (ours gets 20mpgs on the hwy so it's better than most), the only thing I can think of is just the sheer size of it. My wife has some trouble parking it.
Overall review: I would buy another in a heartbeat. We chose a used 2005 Eddie Bauer model over a 2007 XLT demo. We're extremely happy. This is the first American made vehicle we have purchased in 15 years and the quality is certainly better than in the past.
My Expedition by Twin mom on 03/06/2008. Trim: 2005 Ford Expedition XLT 2WD, Owned 3 years.
Pros: I like the fact that the vehicle is so roomy and functional
Cons: I really do not have any cons. I am happy with my truck
Overall review: I really enjoy owning this vehicle. my husband and I have been married for 13 years and we have had several new cars in that time frame, this is the first one that I am completly happy with. The only way I will get rid of it is to buy a newer model Expedition. We have twin daughters and when we get together with the rest of my family that gives a total of 8 people. We all like to go places together and it is very nice to be able to fit two car seats and 6 adults very comfortably in the vehicle. Overall I am extremly satisfied.