1998 Ford F-150

1998 Ford F-150 Prices
1998 Ford F-150 Fuel Economy
A monday truck by An MSN Autos Consumer on 02/27/2010. Trim: 1998 Ford F-150 XLT Reg. Cab Short Wheelbase 2WD, Owned more than 10 years.
Pros: heater and stereo it also was very good in the snow.
Cons: I bought it new right from the beginning I had a problem with it stalling and not starting until it cooled off. It has the dreaded 4.2 liter V6 in it. After a few years the head gasket went $1600 to repair. The engine has always gone through coolant. The lights go on and off when ever. The signal light/high beam switch doesn't work. I also had to replace the whole wiper assembly. Then it started going through lots of water again. As I was deciding what to do with it. The engine lost oil preasure and siezed all in about 2 minutes. It now sits in the driveway useless. I don't think it's worth repairing so I am going to buy a chev. From day one Fords customer service was nil.
Overall review: The 1st 2 years it was good after that I should have traded it off.
The Ultimate 1/2 ton Truck by slyder on 03/03/2009. Trim: 1998 Ford F-150 XLT SuperCab Short Wheelbase 4WD, Owned 9 years.
Pros: Have had no problems with the truck.
Cons: none that I can think of
Overall review: excellent, best truck I have owned
A rugged, multi-purpose, & reliable US-Made Truck by HerbS in San Jose, CA on 03/24/2011. Trim: 1998 Ford F-150 XLT SuperCab Short Wheelbase 4WD, Owned 7 years.
Pros: I enjoy the reliability, comfort, utility of this truck. No regrets whatsoever. I like the use of real steel and chrome on this, one of the last model Years to come without so much plastic, esp. w/o plastic bumpers. Whew!
Cons: I *had* questions re: the reliability of the transmission for towing, so I had installed a high-cap & finned trans pan and a 'second' fan-equipped transmission-cooler to assist cooling duties with the factory towing package. No worries any more.
Overall review: A classy, reliable ride that takes me & my Family anywhere we choose to go and back again. Nice job, Ford.
Unique and Cool by Dann Texas on 02/19/2011. Trim: 1998 Ford F-150 XLT SuperCab Flareside 2WD, Owned 6 years.
Pros: Reliability. If you could spell it shorter it could be the brand name! This is my first and probably last Ford truck. I work at a Ford dealership, I've owned this truck for 233,000 miles and I am about to invest another $5000 into it and keep it forever. A new paint job with the Tuxedo Black and it will look like a brand new truck! The 4.6L V8 gives me 18-19 mpg consistently. Great visibility and control. It turns heads now and will do a lot more real soon! No brake problems at all, like others have mentioned. Brakes last 20K + miles.
Cons: The split bench seat is weak on the padding. It needs to be firmer. Replace the master window switches twice. Leaking windshield, easily fixed.
Overall review: Certainly would recommend this truck to all others needing a reliable, hauling and pulling, light duty truck. It does not have all the electronic bells and whistles that the new trucks have...but that just means it's a lot of stuff that does not break in the future! Of all the trucks built in the last 20 years, I think the styling of the F150 Flareside is without doubt the most dramatic and artistic of them all. I expect it will be a standard that future car buffs will look to and praise. It has a uniqueness that is not matched by any others.
ITS MY BATMOBILE by BATMAN 2C12FAC1 on 01/24/2011. Trim: 1998 Ford F-150 XLT SuperCab Long Wheelbase 4WD, Owned 1 year.
Pros: you have a large view when you drive
Cons: the rust
Overall review: its my second ford f.150 and its not the last : )