2005 GMC Sierra 1500

2005 GMC Sierra 1500 Prices
2005 GMC Sierra 1500 Fuel Economy
58,000 miles and still wonderful! by Scott in Southen California on 04/03/2009. Trim: 2005 GMC Sierra 1500 SLT Crew Cab 4WD, Owned 4 years.
Pros: I have the Z71 off road version. The ride was a bit bouncy at highway speeds. So I changed out the Bilstine shocks for Edelbrock AIS shocks. It made the ride wonderful! I had a job building houses in Palm Springs but I was living in Los Angeles so I was doing a lot of highway driving. 250 miles round trip. LA to PS i got 20mpg and PS to LA 22mpg! One way is up hill and the other is driving back down to sea level. This is a Crew Cab 4WD! I got it with the 3.42 rear end for the purpose of trying to get good mileage and it was a success!
Cons: I'm thinking... I now have 58,000 miles and i can only remember one problem. The A/C was not working the way i wanted it to. In fairness it could be in the 120's! It has the moonroof with only a 'screen shade' cover and it is black with black leather. So I got the idea to solar tint the moonroof. Big difference! A/C is great now and i still get more than enough light through the moonroof!
Overall review: Great car! no problems. I guess I call it a car as it is only a 1/2 ton. I've only driven 3/4 ton before this and this drives almost car like. I towed boats and jet skiies across the desert with full loads and it is wonderful! We can take everything we need and we are very comfortable!
beware by bill on 01/21/2009. Trim: 2005 GMC Sierra 1500 SLT Crew Cab 4WD, Owned 4 years.
Pros: seats are better than 2008
Cons: my 5.3L vehicle has castech heads-gm acknowleges defect in these heads. know what heads are in your vehicle before you buy
Overall review: know what heads are in your 5.3L before buying
Nice Pickup by Bob from Shelton, WA on 11/13/2008. Trim: 2005 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE Ext. Cab 2WD, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Bought this vehicle used when it was three years old, because it had only 40K miles of light use. It is roomy, especially the full width back seat. It had the short bed which is best because the long beds make the vehicle too long for our use. Initial driving showed it to be relatively quiet, as it was produced with the low ratio rear end and engine revs are low under most conditions. Also, it had the 5.3 liter engine which had good power. On a recent trip in Western Washington with two passengers, we got 22 mpg!
Cons: Two items required work: a) a knocking sound from the front end turned out to be a common problem with these vehicles - and an official fix is now available. The local dealer replaced the center member of the steering column with a part made to resolve the problem; b) the right rear side window caused wind noise problems. I removed the inside plastic trim and found that one of three window connectors was loose and needed tightening. No other problems encountered.
Overall review: In short, good design and perfomer, which rides almost as smoothly as a sedan. I plan to keep this one as a light hauler and boat tower for a long time.
"Big Beauty" by Ron from Whidbey Island, WA on 08/16/2008. Trim: 2005 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE Ext. Cab 4WD, Owned 3 years.
Pros: Very comfortable seating on long trips and quiet, smooth ride Gas mileage good for it's size and plenty of power with the Vortec V8. Like the styling too.
Cons: Turning radius could be shortened.
Overall review: Sold on GMC and will definitely buy another. Good dealer support...had an oil leak and they pulled the tranny and fixed it with no hassle and no charge. No other problems.
Staying with Quality! by SV on 01/13/2008. Trim: 2005 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE Crew Cab 4WD, Owned 3 years.
Pros: Great truck! Comfortable, drives, handles well. Outstandng creature features.
Cons: None
Overall review: Great Truck! I owned a Silverado before which was great also, went to a 2002 Ford Sport Trac and suffered many frustrations and problems with it. I will stay with the GMC when I trade.