2005 Lincoln Navigator

Liked My 2000 Navigator Better Than The 2005 Model !!! by Disappointed from Illinois on 09/23/2005. Trim: 2005 Lincoln Navigator 4WD Ultimate, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: This is my 3rd Navigator (19998 & 2000). It's a great car, lots of room for a family. Nice exterior styling. Good navigation system.
Cons: I think my 2000 Navigator was better. While there is an automatic liftgate, there is no cargo net - after driving, everything falls out! There are less cup holders than before, the blind spot is dangerous, the seats don't cool as they did before, you can't see the high beam indicator on the dashboard, the suspension is soft rather than a "sports type", wasted ashtray included taking additional space which could be utilized for another cup holder, lost center console in 2nd row bench seats, small floor mats which slide around, driver center console is difficult to open while driving, even the cup holders are poorly designed too small for a 20 oz bottle of pop. Air flow is very inconsistent.
Overall review: As I indicated, I feel my 2000 Navigator was better! Why no cargo net?? When groceries or other cargo shift, you can't open the liftgate without everything falling out. What good is a power liftgate? What a waste. I think Lincoln was more interested in competing with Cadalliac than making the ultimate SUV. After having three Navigators, this will probably be my last!
Love my used Navigator by jholdeng on 06/27/2012. Trim: 2005 Lincoln Navigator 4WD Luxury, Owned 1 year.
Pros: One of the best looking Lux SUV's from 2005. Easy to drive. Quite a bit of power for the overall size and weight. Power everything (except the step rails on mine). Air ride is smooth. Stock sound system is powerful (no navi for me). We had an issue (see below) and worked with the Lincoln Dealer to fix. The service there was outstanding. In fact I've never been treated better by any service department anywhere. Lincoln has apparently stepped up their game on quality and desire to help out the owners. I didn't even by my Navigator from that dealer.
Cons: We have just at 100k on the truck. Recently we had a battery drain issue. The dealer was extremely helpful in diagnosing and fixing. Turned out to be a faulty rear wiper draining the battery. My wife tried to insert a CD into the player without hitting load. Jammed up the CD player so it no longer works. Fortunately the radio is a double din size so a nice aftermarket DVD/Navi unit will fit in nicely and look almost like factory (or better). A/C seats don't cool as much as I'd expect them to. I hate to bang on gas mileage given this is a monstrous truck. I have yet to hit 18mpg in just highway driving. Usually get around 13mpg in mixed driving.
Overall review: I really like our Navigator. Hands down the nicest vehicle I've ever owned. When it comes time to replace I'll certainly look at another. I bought mine used and got a great deal on it! At 100k miles I fully expect to get another 75k out of the vehicle. It's a well put together truck with styling that hasn't faded after 7 years.
ultimate truck by doxielady from goreville on 08/15/2007. Trim: 2005 Lincoln Navigator 2WD Luxury, Owned 2 years.
Pros: everything---whats not to like
Cons: just one---needs a better way for passengers to get in third row seats
Overall review: great!!!!!!!!!
Love this sucker by An MSN Autos Consumer on 07/10/2006. Trim: 2005 Lincoln Navigator 4WD Luxury, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Everything-Whats not to like?
Cons: Only that I don't have another one
Overall review: Have owned the Lexus 470LX, Expeditions and this is the best.
Couldn't live without it! by Dobeygirl in Michigan on 03/22/2006. Trim: 2005 Lincoln Navigator 4WD Luxury, Owned 2 years.
Pros: We have had Navigators since the first year they came out. I feel VERY safe in this vehicle. It handles extremely well in bad weather...rain, snow, muddy roads. We train dogs and have lots of room for crates and equipment, with extra room for passengers.
Cons: We have had some minor things go, like lumbar, shorts in electrical system causing electrical seats, etc. to quit working. Nothing major though. Could use a better system for getting to the third row seating.
Overall review: Very comfortable, easy to handle, lots of room.