1998 Ford Ranger

My second Ranger by Bill on 04/26/2003. Trim: 1998 Ford Ranger XLT SuperCab 4WD, Owned 5 years.
Pros: I like it's looks. Comfortable for long drives. Powerful headlights. Never had any major problems except for what Jiffy Lube did to my fuel line.
Cons: Stay away from Jiffy Lube. They destroyed my fuel line while replacing my fuel filter. I drove for 4 months, leaking fuel, before I noticed what they did.
Overall review: Overall a good truck. My second Ranger. Drove this one cross country twice and roundtrip from Seattle to San Diego four times. Just do basic maintenance and it'll treat you good.
Still liking my ranger after 7 years by Mustang Sam, Minnesota on 03/27/2014. Trim: 1998 Ford Ranger XLT SuperCab 2WD, Owned 10 years.
Pros: Good over all truck. Mine is only 2-wheel drive....next time I'll be looking for 4-wheel drive. 114,000 miles now still looks and drives great.
Cons: I'll be needing a pressure dampner for the 3.0 moter. That part is obsolete..........WTF?
Overall review: Been a great truck for the buck!
Great Ride by Gordo on 01/13/2004. Trim: 1998 Ford Ranger XL SuperCab 4WD, Owned 2 years.
Pros: Great lookin riding and handling truck. The mechanic said that the inside of the heads looked great.
Cons: Just had to have a head gasket replaced at 108K miles
Overall review: If your buying used I strongly suggest a repair agreement the Head gasket job would have cost me $1400.00 the agreement cost me something like $1300 which I financed.
Ford Tough Ranger by Ford Maniac New Hampshire on 12/02/2003. Trim: 1998 Ford Ranger XLT Reg. Cab Short Wheelbase 4WD, Owned 4 years.
Pros: Style in and out
Cons: Poor gas milege,3.0 could have a little more HP.
Overall review: I bought my 4wd ranger with 31,000 miles now have 115,000 on it and is still going strong love the truck.I did replace the 4wd transfer case but that has been it.
nyranger by nyranger98 from ny in england on 09/24/2003. Trim: 1998 Ford Ranger Splash Reg. Cab 2WD, Owned 3 years.
Pros: Everything that isnt in the cons box
Cons: Lack of power
Overall review: I love my truck it is better than my ex ever was. I would recommend it for purchase to anyone that has time and some money to put into it for the whole lack of performance.