2005 Scion xA

teenage commuter vehicle by opa on 08/24/2013. Trim: 2005 Scion xA Hatchback, Owned 8 years.
Pros: easy handling.good on gas
Cons: dashboard exposed to sun.creates heat in the summer
Overall review: its a solid 9.5
Best Small Car Out There! by Joel from Tampa, fl on 08/07/2005. Trim: 2005 Scion xA Hatchback, Owned 1 year.
Pros: If you are buying this car for speed forget about it. I do love this car though because its good on gas, it is comfortable to drive, and for some reason, you can fold down the seats and fill you car with things more than you can fill a Toyota Corolla. This car is small but when you fold those back seats it is very spacious. I am very impressed with this car. It takes me from point A to point B like any other car. It drives well, good on gas, i love the style, and this car is just awesome and cool.
Cons: The only thing i dont like about this car is that you cant go to fast on it because of its Horse Power but i drove almost 600 miles going from one state to the next it drove fine on 75 to 85 miles/hour. Its a city car.
Overall review: For people that need a good car with in a 10k to 14k dollars budget. This car would be awesome. You will have fun with it, you will enjoy it everyday. Its a cool car, cool style, good on gas, the crash rate is good. I strongly recommend it. Its a buy in my opinion.
The xA was a great decision for me! by OT in NE on 04/16/2005. Trim: 2005 Scion xA Hatchback, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Love the ability to zip around in this car in town---it just moves around so easily. Easy to park, does really well in rain/snow/ice, looks great/stylish in a unique way, is a wonderful value, and doesn't eat up the gas.
Cons: Pretty rough/bumpy ride in the backseat for people when going at a higher speed, such as on the interstate. Doesn't accelerate real quickly when getting onto the interstate.
Overall review: Overall I love this car and am very happy we made this purchase. I feel "zippy" when jaunting around in the xA. The small "cons" I listed are pretty minimal when I compare to the "pros" and my overall satisfaction in this car. I get stopped by people in parking lots all the time complimenting me on the car and asking me about it. Plus....so far I have never "lost" the car in a parking lot~~~it is very easily identified as mine due to it's uniqueness!
Not a good commuter car in winter by An MSN Autos Consumer on 01/27/2014. Trim: 2005 Scion xA Hatchback, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: The look of it is nice, and it's fine for city driving. Good on gas, and for parking.
Cons: Not good for long distances. I put on 120+ miles a day, and it is a very very bumpy, extremely noisy drive. Terrible in snow even with snow tires.
Overall review: If you want a cute little car for driving locally, and don't get motion sickness easily, I say get it. If you're a commuter and drive in winter, look for something safer, and more comfortable.
Best city car around. by An MSN Autos Consumer on 10/21/2013. Trim: 2005 Scion xA Hatchback, Owned 8 years.
Pros: Quick off the line. Great in the city. Good gas mileage. Back seats lay down flat for increased payload.
Cons: Going over a pencil feels like a speed bump. Large dash makes it hot in summer. Uncomfortable when doing long highway trips. No cruise control.
Overall review: Owned this car going on 10 years now. Best purchase of a car I ever made.