2005 Chevrolet Monte Carlo

2 3 4 5 6 7  Next
The #1 car by Sue from NH on 10/28/2008. Trim: 2005 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS, Owned 4 years.
Pros: I love the way I fit in this car
Cons: antenna in rear window defroster
Overall review: this is the second Monte Carlo (1995 the 1st) I've owned I get approx 29-33 mpgs that is normal driving highway and city driving combined
Great Daily Driver For The Chevy Guy by TonyZee on 03/19/2008. Trim: 2005 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS, Owned 2 years.
Pros: Great MPG, handles great, my color "Sport Red Met" looks great all waxed up. The radio, has CD, Cass and a 200 watt amp. I really enjoy driving to work in it and dose stand out a bit from other cars and I do like that.
Cons: Fit and finish of plastic dash parts, seat cloth dose not age well and the FWD. Had the signal switch break and the common steering shaft clunk. However this is common on all 00-05 Monte/Impala's and was fixed under warr. I did buy and ext. GM warr and do feel good about doing it just to be on the safe side.
Overall review: I am very happy with the car, got it with 7K used for $15,000. Great MPG on 87 oct and I use Mobil 1 oil. I take very good care of my cars, the 87 Caprice it replaced has 206K on the org 305. It dose not ride or feel of that big car, however for this day and age we live in it is a great car for a Chevy guy. I still have my 87 Iroc-Z on the weekend to play with. I will run this Monte into the ground, buy it used and get a deal on it. Great daily driver if you like old school 2 door cars.
"2005 Chevy Monte Carlo Tony Stewart Signature Series" by Roe from West Palm Beach on 07/10/2007. Trim: 2005 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Supercharged SS, Owned 2 years.
Pros: I have the Tony Stewart Signature Series. Great sporty look. Great car for price. Spacious for sports car. Great handling. Good gas mileage for supercharged 19/28. 240hp. 3.8L engine. Dual exhaust. Big trunk area. Premium sound system.
Cons: It is a little bit of a hassle to get in and out of the back seats because of the two door. Only takes premium gas because it is supercharged. Tires are on the expensive end because it requires high speed rating tires (not a necessity if you dont want to use the car to its full potential; so they can be a lot cheaper).
Overall review: Overall I rate this car a 9.5 out of 10. AWESOME CAR!!!! I've had this car for 2 years now and love it. Can't wait to see what chevy comes out with next on the monte carlo.
STOCKING HAT by KR on 11/28/2006. Trim: 2005 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LT, Owned 1 year.
Pros: STYLING AND HANDLING.
Cons: INTERIOR NOISE. THE OVERHEAD CONSOLE IS NOT EASY TO SEE. THE BIGGEST THING I DISLIKE IS THE FACT THAT THE LOWER CONSOLE(UNDER THE ARM REST) HAS SLOTS FOR CASSETTES BUT THERE IS NO CASSETTE PLAYER( SPACE COULD HAVE BEEN USED MORE WISELY ).
Overall review: I AM OVERALL HAPPY WITH THE CAR BUT ONLY HAVE 10000 MILES ON IT.
Review ID: #501990 Is this review offensive?
The best ride by Lisa on 10/12/2006. Trim: 2005 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LT, Owned 2 years.
Pros: I LOVE everything about this car!! Its smooth ride, easy acceleration, and handling are what a car is all about. I would stack it against the big name imports and it is much more affordable. It has gotten me home safely in some bad snowstorms, is comfortable for long trips, and is so fun to drive.
Cons: If I had to find a drawback, I would say find a way to make the shoulder belts more comfortable. The gas mileage, though good, is not what was promised. I also notice a bit of a decrease in power when the AC is on, but it's not a big deal since there is still enough power to get me in trouble.
Overall review: The best bargain out there. After 35,000 miles, I still so enjoy driving this car every time. When asked what kind of car I will get next, I reply, "Maybe a red one..."
2 3 4 5 6 7  Next