1998 Ford Explorer

1998 Ford Explorer Prices
1998 Ford Explorer Fuel Economy
Great Truck by An MSN Autos Consumer on 05/06/2010. Trim: 1998 Ford Explorer XL 4-Door 4WD, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Performance and handling are superb with this truck.
Cons: Smaller back passenger area and a bit to close for six people to ride in.
Overall review: This truck is as Ford says; "Built FORD tough!" Snow, rocks, dirt, mud, nothing can slow this truck down. Its stylish body gives way to a nice off-roading truck. It handles like a charm and the 6 cylinder has more then enough power to get you going. Granted its no sports car but what this truck lacks for is speed and acceleration, it more then makes up for with power and reliability. After getting this as my second car, and knowing it needed work for only about $2000, it was one of the best cars I have ever bought. Ill stick with the Ford Truck/SUV brand until it or I die.
My favorite truck so far by Denver, Co. on 07/12/2003. Trim: 1998 Ford Explorer XLT 4-Door 4WD, Owned 1 year.
Pros: I like the comfort handling and the reliability. I have not had a problem with it yet.
Overall review: I believe this truck is a good family vehicle and I would encourage other people to buy one.
Awesome, besides the mpg's by JayDub from Sonora CA on 06/16/2012. Trim: 1998 Ford Explorer XLT 4-Door 4WD, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Very roomy, comfy, and powerful. It's been a very reliable vehicle
Cons: Pretty bad mpg. Other than that, I love it!
Overall review: Overall I love my explorer! I bought it a year and a half ago so id have More room for my kids and I needed 4wd. I drive it everyday and I've only Had to do a few minor repairs. The only thing I hate is the mpg. Other than that, It's a great vehicle!
Don't knock it until you try it by (Bluerton)NY on 10/21/2010. Trim: 1998 Ford Explorer XLT 4-Door 4WD, Owned 1 year.
Pros: I bought a '98 XLT with tow package from a friend. It had maybe 190,000 miles, but for some reason I really wanted this truck. A past friend of mine owned one and his ran with almost no issues, so what was the worst thing that could possibly happen? Well I went and picked it up and I drove it home, knowing there were slight problems (nothing mechanical). You wanna talk about a TOUGH truck? I drove it 7,000 miles on a bad control arm and tie rod. most of my travel was highway travel. I mean, I put $800 into it (new control arm, new tie rod, new wipers, headlights, regular oil changes, antifreeze flush, air filter changed), but it was all worth it. I now have 222,000 miles on it.
Cons: Well, there have been minor problems with the electrical system , but what do you expect from an 18 year old truck with 222,000 miles? Everything works! Well and the gas mileage I get roughly 20 mpg highway, 17 city.
Overall review: I definitely recommend this truck to anyone.
Explorer Sport by Ford man, PA on 11/21/2002. Trim: 1998 Ford Explorer Sport 2-Door 4WD, Owned 4 years.
Pros: Good power, predictable ride, good visability
Cons: Seat belt latch too far recessed. Paint keeps chipping on grill.
Overall review: I'd buy another one. Mine has 63000 miles on it with no problems.