2005 Ford F-150

Love thi truck! by An MSN Autos Consumer on 04/19/2012. Trim: 2005 Ford F-150 XLT SuperCrew 4WD, Owned 6 years.
Pros: Comfort
Cons: Gas Mileage
Overall review: Would buy this same truck over and over
Buyer Beware by Tony From Nebraska on 03/24/2011. Trim: 2005 Ford F-150 XLT SuperCrew 4WD, Owned 2 years.
Pros: It has a good wheel base and height.
Cons: Bought this used with around 94k miles. It has been a headache since the day I got it. Service engine light went on 1 day after I got it. Cad Converter went out and cost $1300 at the Ford shop and $430 at a small shop. Next it was only firing on 7 cylinders. They replaced the coil packs and then had to change the spark plugs. These break off and then cost major $. Repair was $1,100 total. Now have a noise in the front driver's side area. Shop says that it is a Cam Phaser. They won't touch it for repairs and said I would have to take to the dealership. Estimated cost is $2,500 to $3,000. Don't know what to do with this piece of junk.
Overall review: This is a poorly engineered pickup from the broken spark plugs, to the cheap interior to the cheap small tires. I am not sure what happened with Ford because I loved my 2003 crew cab Ford. Avoid the 2005 model at all costs. It's not worth it!
Won't buy anything else! by Kevin from Kansas City on 01/07/2010. Trim: 2005 Ford F-150 FX4 4WD, Owned 2 years.
Pros: I love this truck!
Cons: The electric windows are a little weak in the cold. Windshield washer freezes a lot. I live in Kansas, not Alaska.
Overall review: It's a great truck. There is always something to complain about though.
Just Some Of The Reasons Its Number One by Northern Minnesota Grandpa on 12/11/2006. Trim: 2005 Ford F-150 Lariat SuperCrew 4WD, Owned 1 year.
Pros: I have driven many luxury cars, but none will compare to the F150 for ride, handling, quietness, view, and safety. I've hit three deer, not small ones, With ZERO DAMAGE. I've thanked FOMCO and copied my Ins. Co.
Cons: 46,000 miles never been in for anything other than oil and filter, still have original tires, look to be good for at least another 15,000
Overall review: I will definatley buy another, its my SUV and a truck combined over all mileage is 15.8, trips run around 16 to 18
USA- best trucks by CLARK - SPOKANE, WA on 08/04/2006. Trim: 2005 Ford F-150 STX 4WD, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: At 3000 miles good solid truck, took on a 1200 mile break in trip through Montana, N. Idaho & hit some late snow- truck handled in 4wd like a. Comfortable quite ride- 4.6 V8 has enough power for me- pulled my 17' boat with ease.
Cons: Thin paint on the front? Seems like alot of rock chips- probably the region were I live.
Overall review: Happy camper- but wish I would of coughed up the little extra for power windows & door locks.