2005 Subaru Forester

My Dream car by Celestial Gardens Natrual Healing Salt Lake City on 05/09/2012. Trim: 2005 Subaru Forester 2.5 X, Owned 5 years.
Pros: I love the cargo space. I am a massage Therapist and have my massage table and chair in the car most of the time and they fit perfect. They just slide right in. Love the ground clearance, All wheel drive. I handles great and does well with tight corners. I can go where I want to camp or Hike and don't have to worry about if I can get up there or not. I have done just normal maintance on the car and it is running great!
Cons: I don't think there is anything I don't love about my Forester.
Overall review: This was my dream car many years ago and I bought it in 2007 finally. I love it and have never been dissappointed with the purchase.
Very good vehicle, highly recommended by Caddywhompus on 10/13/2010. Trim: 2005 Subaru Forester 2.5 X, Owned 5 years.
Pros: For a base model, very sporty and fun to drive. Handles great and is easy to maneuver on and off road. Extremely versatile, able to tow trailers, carry cargo, haul kids to school, grocery shop for a month...etc. AWESOME in the snow, better than my old Bronco even! These cars are often thought of as "chick cars" or "toy SUVs", but that is anything from the truth. I took this car on numerous treks into the outdoors, sometimes offroad, sometimes loaded to the gills, and sometimes both WHILE pulling a popup camper. The powertrain never struggled, the car never got stuck, and nothing ever broke. What more can a guy ask for?
Cons: After 100k miles, the car is noisy with squeaks and rattles coming from everywhere. Loose trim panels seem to be the course, but they are mostly in the rear making them very hard to pinpoint and fix. Struts went bad, and are extremely expensive to replace as there are NO aftermarket options. The only MAJOR complaint I ever had was the generally low comfort. The seats are fine for normal driving (commuting, errands..etc.) but for multiple-hour drives they quickly get stiff. There isn't a lot of legroom in the back, so if you have rear seat passengers you will have to pull your seat up making you cramped.
Overall review: Overall I really loved my Subaru, and would not hesitate to buy another some day. In 100k miles it performed flawlessly with NO dealer service or repair. (I do my own work) It wasn't until it hit 100k miles that things started to show signs of wear. Nothing serious, just expected routine stuff that SHOULD be serviced around this time. I could have easily got 200k miles out of it if I had wanted too, but instead I bought a new car. (I just wanted something different)
The ultimate outdoorsy car... a true "Forester" by Kerry from Eugene, OR on 09/14/2012. Trim: 2005 Subaru Forester 2.5 XS, Owned 2 years.
Pros: Love the styling of our XS! Boxer engine is great, AWD is amazing off road and in the snow, and we love our heated leatherette seats :-) The quality of the sound system in our '05 Forester is also a lot better than the one in our '11 Impreza Premium wagon. Definitely an excellent value!
Cons: Not much!
Overall review: Bought this car with 76K miles on it at a great price. Since then we are at 92K and counting, and our Subie still behaves like it is a new car. No issues from the previous owner, and no issues with us either, and no sign of anything to come for a lonnngggg time. This car is a real delight to drive in any weather. The safety rating and overall excellent quality of Subaru's boxer engine and AWD system make the '05 Forester an excellent small SUV for your money! The XS model adds some good style, leatherette seats, all weather package, and a premium sound system. Definitely a ton of bang for the buck on this awesome little Subie!
mr. forester by jack on 05/12/2009. Trim: 2005 Subaru Forester 2.5 XS, Owned 4 years.
Pros: great in snow, I never get stuck
Cons: a little noisy
Overall review: very good, just bought a 2009
Love the X! by jay, St. Louis on 04/23/2009. Trim: 2005 Subaru Forester 2.5 X, Owned 4 years.
Pros: Comfortable, reliable, smooth, rugged, decent milege (25 mpg mostly city). LOVE IT! At 40,000 miles the tires look almost new! No visits over 40,000 miles except routine maintanence.
Cons: Shifting on manual transmission could be a little smoother but that is being picky. I wish leather had been available for the X model. The dogs (3) are making the fabric VERY dirty.
Overall review: Safe and reliable workhorse. This car has gotten me over many snowy roads. The problem with it is that this car is so reliable I won't have an excuse to buy a new car for another 5 years minimum.