2005 Subaru Impreza Wagon

2005 Subaru Impreza Wagon Prices
2005 Subaru Impreza Wagon Fuel Economy
Fun and practical. by An MSN Autos Consumer on 08/17/2007. Trim: 2005 Subaru Impreza Wagon WRX, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: The number one thing I noticed about this car was how it handled. It drives like a dream. Regardless of if you are driving in the city, on the highway, or up steep hills, this car has what it takes to comfortably get you to your destination. I love the performance and surprisingly good mileage. I just took a long road trip and averaged 29 mpg. Some legs of the drive I got 30mpg and some I got 28 mpg. I great all around car. There were three passengers and an adult in the backseat who found it very comfortable.
Cons: The stereo could be a little better. There could be more standard options like mud flaps, the cross bars for the roof, and better gauges.
Overall review: This is the perfect car if you need a car that is fun and practical.
Best Bang for Your Buck by Robert from Shoreline on 04/05/2008. Trim: 2005 Subaru Impreza Wagon WRX, Owned 1 year.
Pros: I have to say the biggest "pro" to me is the WRX's really reliable (keep proper oil in it) turbo motor backed by the best AWD system I have experienced yet. Even trying here in the PNW's slush/snow I could only get it loose on a hill of solid ice with at-legal tread depth stock tires. The interior is finished nicely middle road with awesome seats and a decent sound system. Combine that with the best looking WRX and you get a really fun, really reliable car that is comfortable being both your daily commuter and weekend track warrior. With a 10-15mi commute at low to no boost combined with a little bit of fun ;) I average at or slightly above 20mpg every week.
Cons: Well, as much as I enjoy this vehicle there are a few nuisances. At 30,000 miles the car started developing a couple minor rattles in the dash, the rear hatch has "cottage cheese a**" from shutting it with my fingers on the belt line. It seemed like the natural spot to place one's hands to me? I would have liked to see an Aux. input on this generations head unit, having to use the radio transmitter type seems unnecessary. And finally, my biggest "con" with this vehicle is simply not having enough open roads on which to enjoy it!
Overall review: This is my 11th vehicle I have owned (8th AWD/4WD) and I have to say the best so far. I previously owned a turbo AWD sedan from Germany and had nothing but problems for three years so this year/8500mi without issue has been a welcome surprise! For the money you will spend this is I believe the best vehicle out there. The car is quick, handles well, very reliable (so far @ 33k mi), easy to maintain, darn good looking, and a wagon to boot! The local Carter Subaru has been nothing but friendly so far adding to an already positive ownership experience. I think everybody should at least experience if not own a WRX at some point in their life.
my car by An MSN Autos Consumer on 08/31/2011. Trim: 2005 Subaru Impreza Wagon WRX, Owned 6 years.
Pros: easy to drive
Cons: seats are bucket type and small. started having significant problems after about 5 years and not the normal.
Overall review: just okay
power wagon by An MSN Autos Consumer on 12/02/2006. Trim: 2005 Subaru Impreza Wagon WRX, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Sporty
Cons: Blindspots
Overall review: would buy again
good for the money by Oregon on 08/02/2006. Trim: 2005 Subaru Impreza Wagon 2.5 RS, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Great handling, completely bullet-proof in the ice an snow! Lots of storage space for the auto size. Decent fuel economy for an AWD. Auto dimming rearview mirror takes a long time to dim.
Cons: The rearview mirrors are incredibly small, always have to turn around to see the enormous blind spot. The front sport seats are really uncomfortable for long trips.
Overall review: Great little car, super reliable and fun to drive. I should have bought a legacy wagon though cause it has a lot more room especially for rear passengers.