2005 Scion tC

Great Car!! by Shelly on 06/01/2011. Trim: 2005 Scion tC Sport Coupe, Owned 7 years.
Pros: Runs great, looks great, and is a pretty comfortable ride. I have owned this car for 6 1/2 years and have had no major issues with anything on the car. No mechanical or engine problems at all. Since I was rear-ended while sitting at a red light by a vehicle going 40-45, I know that safety is a plus with this car as well!
Cons: I have one child already and I had no problem getting the baby in and out of the vehicle while in the car seat. There was plenty of room so that the baby would be on one side in the backseat and the diaper bag on the other side, leaving the trunk free for groceries, etc. But it doesn't work so well with 2 kids, as you can imagine.
Overall review: This car has been wonderful. I love it! If it wasn't for my growing family, I would buy another one for my next car.
The Black rainbow by Austinish on 04/29/2009. Trim: 2005 Scion tC Sport Coupe, Owned 1 year.
Pros: The looks, the feel, the gas mileage. It's the most awesome car i've ever owned.
Cons: It takes a second or two to kick into speed.
Overall review: A wonderful car...I'm really happy with it. It ain't the very fastest though.
best...car....ever (under 17K) by Andrew on 10/07/2008. Trim: 2005 Scion tC Sport Coupe, Owned 3 years.
Pros: Everything is solid, and stylish. No other car manufacturer on the market can offer all of the same options that the tC has for the price. Plus, the car is great to look at, it looks fast even when it's standing still. The seats are tapered to fit any body style--I'm 6'3, and I can fit into the car just fine. Plus, I like the utility of a hatchback without it actually looking like a hatchback. Overall, I would purchase an additional tC if I had the money.
Cons: The only problem I've had with the car is the sunroof sticking at times. I have to "baby" the controls to close it sometimes. The dealership said they would have to take it all apart to diagnose the problem, so I nixed them fixing it. It's not a chronic problem, just happens occasionally. Also, the windshield and paint chipped more easily than I thought I would--however, the dealer warned me that the paint job was not covered under the warranty. This is likely due to most people who want to purchase a car like this would like to get a trick paint job done, and since it's not covered under warranty, a new paint job won't void it either.
Overall review: This car is a home run, a can't miss. It blends the overall durability and quality craftsmanship of Toyota with the style and design that meets today's standards, and all at a price most of us can afford! So far, the car has been out for over 4 years, and no domestic automaker has caught on--perhaps that's why they are all about to file for bankruptcy! I mean, seriously, the car has the Camry motor in it! Plus, if you get all the tuner products through Toyota/Scion, it won't void the warranty either. So if you can afford the $3,500 for the turbo, then you can get it slapped on by Toyota and your still covered. Again, no domestic automaker offers the same bang for the buck--you don't see Chevy slamming the Malibu motor into a Cobalt, do you ? Or Ford putting a Fusion motor into a Focus? Seriously, the Scion brand is the way to go, especially in today's economy.
Oldie Car by An MSN Autos Consumer on 10/18/2005. Trim: 2005 Scion tC Sport Coupe, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Speedy for a small car, at a reasonable price
Cons: Blind spots are large
Overall review: Great car, even for an "old" person like me!
Scion tC by Mike J - South Elgin IL on 04/20/2005. Trim: 2005 Scion tC Sport Coupe, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: I like everything about it.
Cons: The only thing I have a problem with is the paint seems to chip to easy.
Overall review: I love my tC. I would buy it again if something happened to it. Its good on gas. I have been getting 25-27mpg, I drive mixed city-highway. It is fun to drive. Can't ask for more for the price.