2005 Pontiac G6

Dear GM, BRING PONTIAC BACK!!! by An MSN Autos Consumer on 03/02/2013. Trim: 2005 Pontiac G6 GT, Owned 4 years.
Pros: Now that I've driven this car for almost 50,000 miles I can honestly say it's a GREAT car! Perfect? No. If you spend any time out on the open road with this car you'll appreciate it even more. Mine's loaded with all the toys and I'm VERY spoiled by them. Mileage is better than I expected, and other than routine maintenance been trouble free. Great looks, great handling, VERY comfortable, and the remote start's a BIG plus! THIS car makes me curse GM for killing off Pontiac!!!
Cons: While I LOVE my panoramic sunroof, I did experience a drain tube come off, and the water that came in was ALOT! Once fixed...NO problems. The only driving issue is that the transmission sometimes shifts to third and fourth too early losing torque. Not a huge deal though.
Overall review: If you can still get your hands on one of these DO IT! This is WAY MORE car than it's price!!!
Buyer Beware!!! by Cindy on 12/18/2006. Trim: 2005 Pontiac G6 GT, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Nice looking car, loved it when I first got it.
Cons: I've had this car for 9 months now, bought it with 18,000 miles on it. Have had it in the shop numerous times and will be taking it again next week. The heat on the passenger seat comes on automatically, even in the summer (they told me it is supposed to do this), it hesitates when I start it (they told me it's supposed to do this), CD player is broken, the word Pontiac is peeling off, the rubber ring around the trunk lock came off, and the interior light is not working. Replaced the tires after only a few months. Most of this is cosmetic, but I've had the car less than a year and for what I'm paying monthly I shouldn't have to deal with these problems.
Overall review: Nice car, but seems to have a lot of problems overall.
Exceeds Expectations! by Nichole from Illinois on 03/16/2011. Trim: 2005 Pontiac G6 GT, Owned 1 year.
Pros: I love the look, the comfort, the amenities, gas mileage, and the compliments I receive on my G6. I love the heated leather seats, 6 cd changer, moon roof, ac, large trunk space, spacious seating....great for people of all shapes and sizes!
Cons: The interior paint peels off. My husband is 6 foot 6 inches tall and where his knee rests while driving has caused the paint to rub off and now it peels right off. The back seats are NOT meant for a carseat. They are large enough, but the material cant handle the childs car seat.
Overall review: I am in love with this car. I bought it used with less than 40 thousand miles on it and it now has just over 70 thousand miles on it and the rotors and breaks need replaced. I doubt that this is a manufacturing problem. It was a rough winter and I have put a lot of miles on my car in a short period of time. I suggest you buy this car because it you definitely get the bang for your buck!
Great little car! by Dan from Denver on 01/08/2011. Trim: 2005 Pontiac G6 Sedan, Owned 2 years.
Pros: Overall it is a very well built car. Great Styling for a 4 Door, Remote start is a plus, 16" tires perform fantastically. A quiet ride and good power.
Cons: Braking is suspect and some noise from brakes when warm. Took it in and Brake mechanic said no problems.
Overall review: Since the Pontiac brand is no longer, I will try to hold on to this car as long as possible. Will never own a foreign car, so hard to replace in my opinion.
Not worth it. by An MSN Autos Consumer on 04/23/2009. Trim: 2005 Pontiac G6 GT, Owned 4 years.
Pros: I like the interior space. There is quite a bit of leg room in the back seat. The front seats are also very comfortable.
Cons: I had to put tires on the car quite often. I have had to have the steering column replaced. I have some how wore out 2 key fobs. The paint has worn off the radio on button. The rotors have had some problems. I have not been very happy with the overall quality of the car. I like it's looks and some of its convenience features, but that is about it. I do not plan on ever buying another Pontiac. I've had the car for almost 4 years and it has 77000 miles. I bought it used with 12000 miles on it.
Overall review: Don't buy it .