2005 Chevrolet Malibu

More value for your dollar than Japanese cars. by David A on 09/03/2009. Trim: 2005 Chevrolet Malibu LT, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: I have the 2005 Malibu LT V6. Bought it used. It is a nice balance of good power and good gas mileage. Body styling is better than the new ones. Dash controls are easy to use. Seats are soft and comfortable leather.
Cons: I also have experienced the faint clunking sound in the steering but it doesn't appear to be a functional problem.
Overall review: A nice alternative to a pricier Accord or Camry.
A lot of car in a little package! by Sandi from Ocean Springs, MS. on 09/27/2010. Trim: 2005 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan, Owned 6 years.
Pros: Smooth ride, great gas mileage and a sleek style thats my Malibu! I just love my car, I bought a new K&N air filter and all her oil changes etc are done on time. I did have an issue with the ignition having to be replaced (paid too much at the dealership to get it fixed) and the computer module went out but that was covered by GMs 8 year or 80,000 mile warranty! So far, all else is fine...
Cons: I live in the south and the heat and humidity here are almost unbearable and my air conditioning in my Malibu just has to work its little self to death to keep up, which leaves me with very little get-up-and-go!
Overall review: I would recommend the Malibu to all my friends ! Even my husband likes it and he is a 6 foot plus tall Marine and hates to admit he likes a small car but he does like this one, says it's pretty comfortable even for someone as tall as he is...
The Car to own by Jessie on the road on 11/02/2009. Trim: 2005 Chevrolet Malibu LS, Owned 4 years.
Pros: I get over 35 mpg on the highway, I have gotten 39 mpg at times, the ride is smooth and it is a beautiful car
Cons: I have had trouble with my breaking system, I had to have over 1500 dollars in repairs to it
Overall review: I am 61 years old, this is the best car I have ever owned. I truly enjoy it and very proud of my car.
the 300,000 mile car by Figgs on 01/05/2013. Trim: 2005 Chevrolet Malibu, Owned 6 years.
Pros: I have 273,000 + miles on my Malibu Max..the engine and trans have never required a repair.
Cons: The seats are hard, the ride is rough, the car required repairs for mickey mouse things for the first 90,000 miles.
Overall review: Overall if you want a car with power, good mileage, that can last 300,000 miles - this is the one.
Chevrolet's Pinto by No More Chevy's on 06/28/2009. Trim: 2005 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan, Owned 2 years.
Pros: This vehicle handles OK mileage is prety good mileage from the underpowered engine
Cons: At 50,000 miles it is falling appart. Door lock switch broke. Turn signals woouldn't work had to take apart dash to replace $30 bilinker module. Cost 2X to change the oil because of cartridge filter. Car is worth about 1/3 of what I paid for it 2 years age. Plus it has a break problem that the dealer cannot even figure out.
Overall review: Don't buy a used 05 Malibu or you will get first hand experiance why GM is bankrupt.