2005 Ford F-250 Super Duty

2005 Ford F-250 Super Duty Prices
2005 Ford F-250 Super Duty Fuel Economy
Wholeheartedly Recommended by Gary on 10/23/2010. Trim: 2005 Ford F-250 Super Duty XLT Crew Cab 2WD, Owned 4 years.
Pros: First time I hauled my travel trailer (16,500 GVW) with this truck I was giggling - it was so smooth and easy to drive!! The engine is great stock (no chips or exhaust) and the trans works great! We drive the Cascade Mountain passes with no problem at all. Kids sit in the back seat listineing to iPods and comfortable, we had a CD playing and enjoyed the ride! If I was sitting in back, I'd wish softer seats, though. 11.5 MPG overall hauling the trailer, 16.25 MPG avg. as a daily driver - I am very happy with this truck!
Cons: It would be nice to get 18 MPG hauling.
Overall review: This 2005 model is the 2nd year of the 6.0 diesel, and I have had absolutely no problems. The truck is as good as new at 60,000 miles.
GET A CHEVY by Hunter from southern VT on 01/31/2009. Trim: 2005 Ford F-250 Super Duty XLT 4WD, Owned 4 years.
Pros: The engine, mine has the standard 5.4L V8 is quite impressive, delivering strong acceleration even with a load, acceptable fuel economy for a vehicle this size, and has been entirely trouble free for the 60,000 miles I've put on it. I have the shift-on-the fly 4X4 transfer case; again, no problems-- it does what it's supposed to do and it does it well. I'd rate the ride and handling as pretty good for a vehicle of its size. The exterior fit and finish is good as well.
Cons: What do I dislike about this vehicle? I'm glad you asked. Everything else. In 60,000 miles, it's had at least 6 (yes, I said six) defective brake calipers replaced, and the transmission was replaced once on a factory recall. Since the recall, I've had to replace a defective transmission sending unit, and while it does shift well most of the time, sometimes seems to have a limited attention-span. Huh? shift? Ooops wrong gear! Let's try this one. Long sweeping curves or tight circles seem to confuse it-- or it isn't able to pay attention long enough. The brakes are a real concern and a legitimate safety issue.The suspension and weight handling are barely average.
Overall review: Excepting the brakes, this is a typical Ford truck, and should make Ford truck fans happy. It looks good sitting still. If you're looking for a cool truck but don't intend to use it for its stated purpose and reliability isn't a premium for you, look no further. I would, however, recommend an extended warranty. If you're looking for a real work truck-- get a Chevy.
Excellent work truck by Iowafarmer on 03/31/2008. Trim: 2005 Ford F-250 Super Duty XL SuperCab Long Bed 4WD, Owned 3 years.
Pros: Great work truck. Only have the V-8, but have been more than happy with its power. I actually had to look back the first time I put a load behind it in 4w-L, thought I might have forgotten to hook up! (I pull some very heavy loads around the farm (up to 20 tons), but at slower speeds (20-30 mph) and on relatively flat terrain) It also handles large loads placed in its box very well. It's been pretty reliable and is reasonably comfortable for a heavy duty vehicle.
Cons: Had to take it back to the dealer to get it to accept gas from the pump --- it kept kicking off the automatic fuel nozzle. (Now it's fine) It's difficult to drive it smoothly when going very slowly around the yard --- hard to keep my foot still enough to keep it from "surging". I wish the fuel mileage were better, but I suppose that isn't a surprise for a vehicle like this. I'm happy I ordered the longer box with the extended cab, but I do miss the rear visibility and maneuverability of a shorter vehicle. The rear back up sensors get covered with dust pretty quickly running gravel roads, so that hasn't worked out so well. Wish I had ordered the rear sliding glass window.
Overall review: I've owned it for 3 years now, and I'm very happy with it! Truly a heavy duty pickup. Glad I got shift on the fly 4WD. (Note the "fly" is only between 4H and 2H, not for in and out of 4L---- have to be in neutral with a foot on the brake for that shift) Other than the "surging" at very low speeds, I absolutely LOVE the 5 speed automatic transmission. The telescoping rear view mirrors are a must. No serious repairs. I'd buy the truck again!
Review from Covina by An MSN Autos Consumer on 06/20/2007. Trim: 2005 Ford F-250 Super Duty XLT Crew Cab 2WD, Owned 2 years.
Pros: Having the Power Stroke V8 is a big plus for this vehicle. The mileage consumption is awesome. Pulling power is plenty enough for anything you could possibly pull. I am currently pulling tandem trailers. Fifth Wheel and Boat. total weight 20,000 lbs.
Cons: No auxilliary input for Ipod.
Overall review: Form power to style it beats the competition hands down. The mileage consumption is awesome.
I'm happy by Samantha on 05/30/2007. Trim: 2005 Ford F-250 Super Duty Lariat Crew Cab 4WD, Owned 2 years.
Pros: The view from any seat! Driver can see well at anytime of the day or night because of the height. Travels well on the highway on long trips providing plenty of leg room. The extra trim looks great as well and definitely head turner in traffic. The Truck pulls easily with little effort, 4x4 is excellent plenty of power.
Cons: 1. the gas maileage - V10 gas average 11mpg. That is in town and highway comb. I would really would have liked seen 20mpg. I know Ford has the technology why didn't they apply it?? 2. Resale Price - Could be better since the first owner keeps the truck for 5 years it would be nice to be rewarded for trading in.
Overall review: Great truck!