2005 Lincoln Town Car

White Limo by An MSN Autos Consumer on 09/22/2008. Trim: 2005 Lincoln Town Car Signature, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Was looking for a large car on the used market that would hold 4-5 people very comfortable on trips. Every car I looked at was over priced and cramped inside. A slightly used town car was priced about the same as a used Marquis with more bells and whistles - plus more legroom front and rear. The ride was better than the Merc's and the seats more comfy. On the highway getting 27.7...city getting 23.2 - my V6 averaged about the same... 239 hp is enough to move this big bruiser down the road, but its not a Mustang GT on takeoffs - but they aren't designed that way. Handling is great for a large car - much better than the older 80s and 90s big cars. Independent front suspsenion helps out.
Cons: Long hood, harder to park, longer braking distance than most cars, RWD may deter some snowbelt buyers.
Overall review: A boulevard cruiser for those who need room for 5 or 6 without being cramped, and trunk space, plus good mileage on regular/87 fuel. Seating is like riding on a sofa, and you don't get tired after a long 6-8 hour trip. If in doubt before buying rent one first....always a good idea. Try the Marquis first, then the Town Car. Basic same chassis, but the unique suspension should impress you enough to bring you over to the TC's side. Buying used year or two old these cars might be the best best - most are either rentals or owned by older adults who take very good care of them - serviced regularly, and generally not driven hard. Town Cars are body on frame so it isolates the road noise so when traveling you can actually carry on a civilized conversation (something many cars today is rare). This also helps in the ride and drive..
As close to perfect as you're going to get by Gene on 08/15/2006. Trim: 2005 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited, Owned 1 year.
Pros: I am a former Cadillac owner. This is the first Lincoln Town Car I've owned. I am well pleased in every area of this car. The ride, the way it drives, fuel mileage is great for a luxury car. I will buy another Lincoln Town Car and would reccommend it to anyone looking for a nice luxury car. It's about as close to perfect as you are going to get. Gene D. Monroe, Louisiana
Cons: See above
Overall review: See above
affordable luxury by big guy on 10/01/2007. Trim: 2005 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited, Owned 2 years.
Pros: comfortable,trouble free
Cons: engine fan noise
Overall review: good value for the money, my 3rd town car
Great Car by An MSN Autos Consumer on 02/23/2007. Trim: 2005 Lincoln Town Car Signature, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Very comfortable and spacious interior, which is where I have learned is the most imporatant part of an automobile since its where you spend most of the time. The car handles well for a large car and has very accurate steering response, not like the Lincolns and Cadillacs of 20 years ago that had very powerful numb steering. The reported reliability is also a plus since these cars are known to have very few mechanical, electrical or structural problems.
Cons: Very hard to find anything negative about this car. I suppose if you want a smaller car then this car would too large, but I happen to like having a car of this size. Its samller than a SUV but not as small as a compact car which are hard for me to enter and exit since I am 6'2".
Overall review: Excellent automobile, with some great features to make driving comfortable and pleasant. In fact this car has many of the same attributes as cars costing 3, 4 and even 5 times as much. Obviously Lincolns are not made to order or made by hand, but they drive and ride like some of the finest automobiles in the world.
Meets my needs for comfort by PAM from Utica, NY on 10/04/2006. Trim: 2005 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited, Owned 1 year.
Pros: l love everthing about it, it rides like a dream, I love the color (2/tone Casmere) I have a half top which makes it look a little more stylish (was my personal preference) I'm 5'3 and can handle the size, I previously had a cadillac cut my Town Car runs much smoother, Just love it.
Cons: Wish it was FRONT WHEEL DRIVE, I had to get use to rear wheel drive a little, I think it's mind over matter
Overall review: All I can say is from 1 to 10 and 10/being the highest, THAN IT'S A 10