2005 Lincoln LS

Don't even consider by Austin on 02/09/2012. Trim: 2005 Lincoln LS V6 Premium, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Beautiful car, smooth ride, every option in the world on an '05, quick for a V6. Great handling too, can do 65+ around tight corners.
Cons: I'm a mechanic at a Ford dealership. Everyone hates these cars in the shop. Despite their hate, I found one on the used car lot that was affordable and low mileage. 81k on an '05, I was approved instantly at 19. I drove the vehicle normal for 3 days before the transmission started to bang in to each gear. Had my boss (the Service Manager who had 15+ years of transmission experience) drive it and told me the servo pin that controlled the automatic transmission fluid pressure had worn out its bore, and that is not a replaceable part. A whole new transmission is required for that problem. Other NUMEROUS problems include: ignition coils, rear tie rods, sway bar links, cooling system, etc.. etc..
Overall review: I really should love this car. But it is just not easy to, when all of the common problems that these cars come in everyday for happened to me. Luckily I was able to get out of this hunk of junk and into a better vehicle. Trust me, I see the bill people pay on these vehicles. They never leave the shop with a bill less that $1,000. If you are considering a used vehicle, do not consider this one. It will eat your wallet and continue to ask for more. (If you are a mechanic like me and think you can save by just purchasing parts, try again. Parts alone are through the roof and these cars are a pain in the behind to work on. Just walk away.)
Sad end to a good American brand.. by An MSN Autos Consumer on 07/12/2009. Trim: 2005 Lincoln LS V6 Luxury, Owned 2 years.
Pros: Look good. But remember that looks can be deceiving
Cons: Do not buy this car. My transmission is failing at 45,000 and the engine has constant troubles. They have told me that I need to replace numerous sensors and catalytic converters. The Lincoln dealership knows me on a first name basis. I am returning to Japanese cars. Save yourself some trouble and run from this car.
Overall review: Buy something else at all costs. Google this car and you will see other sites that agree with me.
Lincoln LS forever by Loveit on 04/18/2009. Trim: 2005 Lincoln LS V6 Luxury, Owned 1 year.
Pros: It is my first car and it is a fantastic car. I love the shining color and design inside! Great brake system, comfortable. Fantastic performance! It is also strong enough! It saved my life! I love it and miss it forever!
Cons: I love everything of it!
Overall review: It is a wonderful car! I wish I had magic power to fix it, I miss it so much! But it can't be back again! Thanks so much for saving my life!
Great Car! Best Kept Secret... by An MSN Autos Consumer on 09/03/2008. Trim: 2005 Lincoln LS V8 Sport, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: It's very responsive--when you want it to go, it goes! Love the cooled seats too.
Cons: dashboard lighting could be a bit more modern, brake dust
Overall review: I've only had this car for 2 weeks & I LOVE it! I had a Kia Amanti which actually had a smoother ride, but the LS handles like a dream
Review ID: #532050 Is this review offensive?
One Sweet LS by An MSN Autos Consumer on 08/08/2008. Trim: 2005 Lincoln LS V8 Sport, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Plenty of power and good mileage from the 3.9L V8. Handling is excellent. Reminds me in appearance and driving of a 5-series bmw. AC seats are 5-stars! Seats are very supportive and don't get tired on trips. Pre-sets for seat, steering wheel, and gas/brake pedals. express up/down for both front windows. Lights under each mirror come on when you hit the remote to unlock the doors.
Cons: Transmission failed before 30k. paint isn't the quality you would expect.. could use a bit more room in the back seat.
Overall review: Ford got this one right, wish they still made these. Not like your grandpa's town car, its fun to drive and looks cool too! Seats are comfy and supportive. Every power option, love the AC seats. Feels like driving a Mustang not a Lincoln...the 3.9L will impress you, 280hp feels like it has much more. On the road, it feels heavy but corners great on 2-lanes, moves quickly into traffic on freeways. It drives, handles, and rides better than my friends BMW 5-series. Sliding console armrest adjusts back and forth for driver comfort. Chrome exhaust tips give it a sportier look, and the note from the exhaust is so sweet. The gas and brake pedals aren't tiny like most cars so driving barefoot doesn't become uncomfortable. The seat, steering wheel and pedal position all can be saved in two different memory settings on the drivers door which is really cool.