2005 Pontiac Montana

Pontiac Montana. Definitely worth a good look!!!! by Charles from TN on 11/30/2009. Trim: 2005 Pontiac Montana 1SA Extended, Owned 4 years.
Pros: Great people/kid hauler. Roomy and comfy, especially on a trip. Great gas mileage on the highway (30+mpg). 3400 V-6 packs a spritely punch. Great quality considering that it is American made.
Cons: Not much. The front turn signal lights tend to short out causing them to work improperly. Cheap plastic side panels on the seats break and fall off. But, these are just minor problems.
Overall review: We bought this van used in 2005 with just 22k miles on it, and just traded it in last month at 123k miles. It served us well, took us on many vacations and long road trips. It really held up well, considering the amount of abuse and miles that it endured. When we traded it in, it was still riding/driving/running perfectly and even the Pontiac mechanics commented on what terrific conditon it was in (which is why the trade-in value was so high). I would definitely own another one!
Pontiac Montana, my Favorite Mini-Van by An MSN Autos Consumer on 05/22/2008. Trim: 2005 Pontiac Montana 1SE Extended, Owned 2 years.
Pros: I like everything about my Montana. I think it's more attractive than a lot of mini-vans and the seating for 8 is comfortable and roomy. It handles great, the steering wheel is comfortably molded, the seats fold easily, it's just a great vehicle.
Cons: The gas mileage could be better. And with the price of gas right now, it hurts to fill up that big tank!
Overall review: Overall it's a 10. I've had Toyota, Dodge, Ford, and Mercury vans and think this Pontiac is by far my favorite. It performs like the Toy but is way more comfortable!
"The Cadillac Van" by An MSN Autos Consumer on 10/19/2005. Trim: 2005 Pontiac Montana 1SE Extended, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: The vehicle is much better than my previous 2002 Montana. The seats are much better. The finish inside is improved. The dash board gives more information and looks more european than previous. The knobs are not plastic like the older model.
Cons: Compared to the older model the only items that I miss is the rubber mat on top to put glasses and the basket between the seats to put items.
Overall review: I am enjoying this vehicle much more than my previous one. The badge could say made in Japan. Well done GM.
Best Bang For The Buck by An MSN Autos Consumer on 08/29/2005. Trim: 2005 Pontiac Montana 1SE Extended, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: I love the room as I am 6'4". Space for 8 people or to move things like washing machines, etc. Able to remove the middle seats and put in a double air mattress for camping.
Cons: The stereo, plastic basket paper cone speakers. The hunting for a gear transmission going up hill. The body roll feel from the rear end.
Overall review: All around good vehicle. With some mods it could be better. Rides better than a "05 Montana SV6.
World's Best Minivan by An MSN Autos Consumer on 06/14/2005. Trim: 2005 Pontiac Montana 1SA Extended, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: convenient seating, looks better than other minivans
Cons: fan is a bit loud
Overall review: very reliable and comfortable