1997 Ford Taurus

dont do it by chicago girl on 08/10/2011. Trim: 1997 Ford Taurus GL, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: good on gas fast and reliable
Cons: had car for a week tranny has to be replace$950 at 136k front brakes are bad exhaust$250 need repair struts need replace all 4 steering wheel gets hard some times and makes noise
Overall review: its a great car if u need something thats gone last for years and eat your pockets
Never again by Honda from now on, springville, ut on 07/23/2003. Trim: 1997 Ford Taurus GL, Owned 6 years.
Pros: Looks nice, has room, comfortable seats. Easy to access brakes and fluids for maintance
Cons: Replaced head gasket at 54k, $1300 to repair. This seems to be a very common problem w/Taurus. Ford has a recall on head gaskets in V8. Should have one on V6. O2 sensors at 60k.
Overall review: Though the vehicle is comfortable and stylish, even though we maintaned the engine as recommended by dealer, we still replaced the head gasket at 54k. This was expensive. I was told by several mechanics and even the Ford dealership in our area that this was a common problem with the Ford Taurus. We take excellent care of our veh's. This has never happend with our Honda or Nissan.
An icon of american auto manufacturing by An MSN Autos Consumer on 10/29/2003. Trim: 1997 Ford Taurus SHO, Owned 4 years.
Overall review: Wonderful car and a credit fo Ford for bringing a true Euro design and performance to the US market
I hate my car right about now. by Laura from Moorhead, MN. on 12/04/2002. Trim: 1997 Ford Taurus GL, Owned 4 years.
Pros: I have a 97 Ford Taurus GL. It gets me where I need to go. It was relatively reliable, until it started to go down-hill.
Cons: I just replaced the Alternator and the Transmission in my car. I just ate 1700 dollars and it still isnt running right. I trust the people that worked on my car more than I the car itself. I will NEVER buy a Ford EVER again.
Overall review: If you want your car to last you for a while, don't invest your money in this type of car.
The Just Right Car by Gogetter from Cincinnati, OH on 10/18/2002. Trim: 1997 Ford Taurus SHO, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: The V8 and horse power is a great plus!!!. Handling, style, drivers' and passenger seat quality. Driver's bucket seat delivers a great lumbar support. I also like the smooth drive and audio system quality ( CD changer in the trunk allows for extra space in the front section of the car). The recessed cup holders in front affords me the extra space needed for wallets, papers and snacks while on the road. The heating and cooling system for both front and back passengers is wonderful aand easily controlled. Finally, the proctection of all parts underneath the car from rain, dust, filth and unforseen road hazards is absolutely great!!!
Cons: Cabin space fro the back seat passengers and cup holders. Premium gas which is not economical for average income earner.
Overall review: I will buy this car again if available and highly recommend it to anybody.
Review ID: #319185 Is this review offensive?