2005 Subaru Impreza

Impressive Imprezas by The Cape Codder on 04/13/2012. Trim: 2005 Subaru Impreza 2.5 RS Sport Package, Owned 7 years.
Pros: Excellent pickup, great cornering, nice look with rear spoiler. Handles 6 CDs. Lovely light blue Sport. Best of all is its AWD.
Cons: Wish I had leather seats & a moonroof, but I fell in love with the car on the lot & took it as it was. Also wish its mpg was better. Am selling it & am buying the 2012 Impreza 2.0i Limited -- this time with moonroof & leather AND much improved mpg.
Overall review: Loved the car. Solid, reliable, great in snow & ice. We have a wicked hilly driveway & where other cars can't make it up in winter, our two Subarus always do. Bravo AWD!
Best AWD by Mountain Driver on 06/25/2014. Trim: 2005 Subaru Impreza 2.5 RS, Owned 9 years.
Pros: Subaru is the original AWD vehicle. They have perfected this technology and produce long-lasting, quality cars. I have owned three Subarus. The last was still running fine at 365,000 miles. My present Impreza has 186,000 miles, only a teenager:-) The ability of these cars on slippery/snowy roads is simply amazing.
Cons: Nothing really.
Overall review: I would recommend a Subaru to anyone. Just the safety factor in the excellent AWD system should be enough to encourage anyone to buy one of these.
Overall Great Vehicle by SubieDriver from Buffalo on 02/11/2014. Trim: 2005 Subaru Impreza 2.5 RS, Owned 1 year.
Pros: I just recently bought this 2005 Subaru Impreza 2.5i RS with 82k miles on it and i am in love with it. For my first vehicle i couldnt' be happier. Rides very smooth with a nice sporty feel. It handles amazingly well in the snow. Will be driving it for years to come!
Cons: I have a few issues with it however. I have only owned it for about a month now and haven't been able to drive it in warm weather. So as far as the cold weather driving goes its a little rough. Had a few problems starting it up in the cold, and it takes a while for the heat to kick in. However, once it warms up it runs great for the rest of the day. I also wish the MPG was a little bit better, im getting around 21 or 22 MPG about half city half country driving. Although im sure the cold weather could be hindering that as well.
Overall review: Overall it is a great vehicle! Everytime i turn it off i can't wait to drive it again, its a real blast! would definitely recommend it
WRX hooks the road like GLUE!!! by Fenn J (Inertia tx) from Maryland on 08/16/2011. Trim: 2005 Subaru Impreza WRX, Owned 1 year.
Pros: I am loving this car alot. I got my 2005 WRX used and its my daily driver to work, It rest on the weekends sometime lol.OMG This car eats the road up be it rain, snow or dry. When I down shift from 5 to 3 gear and the right foot goes down to the floor, to pass a car. This car pins you back to the seat. If you could see the looks as I rocket by them. Man I love my WRX AWD turbo its the s!!!! I didn't want to buy a STi for 1 the cost, 2 the gas, and 3 the used STi were run harder,the ones I check in to buying. My WRX is up to around 285 hp and thats fine for me just to go to work and run around. I am getting about 25 to 27mpg. 30 to 35 would be better but I love the ride and performance.
Cons: My dislike about the car is The rear seat doesn't fold down in my year 2005. The radio doesn't have a aux jack for your I pod.
Overall review: I drove my 1st WRX in the U.K for one year and fell in love with it. So I got a used one in the U.S. In the U.K the WRX or STI is the car to have. This car has Nimble handling, Holds the road tight, Fun to drive and the Sedan has Sportyer looks. Also can hook a turn or exit ramp like glue. I have run into some Subaru WRX guys who are running about 400 hp or more. Taking on v8 fords and others and beating them. I am 51 now those days are in my past. But I'll still step into it from time to time on my way to work at 5:00 am. LOL
The Perfect Car by Evan on 04/20/2009. Trim: 2005 Subaru Impreza 2.5 RS Sport Package, Owned 1 year.
Pros: I love this car. The RS Sport has no rear wing, so it's very very clean looking. I bought the car with 50,000 miles on it, and I know that with a Subaru, that's brand new. These cars run forever, and for the price you can't beat it. I picked the car up for $11,500 out the door at the dealer, and I love it. I've driven the WRX, and the Legacy GT, and the RS is just as quick as these bad boys. The only difference is there is no turbo, but with a 165 hp engine, and being able to keep up with fellow WRX drivers in the area, I can't complain. Full time Symmetrical AWD makes this car a breeze in the snow, in fact, I encourage you to find snow in this car. =).. oh. and no body roll.. at all....
Cons: The stereo is indeed a little weak, but nothing a trip to best buy won't fix. Plus who is listening to music when you could be listening to the pur of that beautiful boxer? And for some reason my trunk won't open from the drivers seat? And 89 and higher octane gas.. but nothing besides that, just little things.
Overall review: I would encourage anybody looking for a reliable new car to find an Impreza. My gas milage is in the 30s on the highway, and mid to high 20s in the city, unless I am driving aggressively, but that is the case with any car. My stepfather, who is in his mid 40s, has had Subarus his entire life, so I refuse to acknowledge the older folks on here complaining about comfort. He drives about 90 miles a day, and thoroughly enjoys it. If you want that extra "umph" while you're commuting through the twisties, get the WRX or STi, both are ridiculously quick, and not too terrible on gas mpg. I will never own another car besides a Subaru. Once you drive one, you're addicted.