2005 Mercury Monterey

2005 Mercury Monterey Prices
2005 Mercury Monterey Fuel Economy
Bad brakes and transmissions from Ford again. by Bruce from Michigan on 11/23/2010. Trim: 2005 Mercury Monterey Convenience, Owned 5 years.
Pros: I thought it was the best Ford product I had until the Torque Converter in the transmisssion went bad and cost me $2800 to repair...Ford has known about this defect or 4 years and has done nothing about.
Cons: My fourth Ford that has had transmissions go bad.........
Overall review: Great van except for brakes and transmission.....
POOR PREFORMANCE by richard stuart fl on 08/24/2010. Trim: 2005 Mercury Monterey Premier, Owned 3 years.
Pros: very roomy and comfortable
Cons: needed and new torque converter after 96K miles. never buy a Ford product again. A/C needs to be better
Overall review: not a choice I would make again
The Best Minivan by Family Man from Milwaukee on 09/24/2009. Trim: 2005 Mercury Monterey Convenience, Owned 4 years.
Pros: The quality cannot be beat. I have had no problems in the last 4 years. The V6 is great for getting on the freeway as well as passing others. The multiple convenience outlets are great for our DVD player and the kids games. The stow and go seating is awesome.
Cons: The gas mileage isn't the best.
Overall review: We bought this van based on comparisons of reliability, safety, and features. It has the best reliability rating per JD Power, the 2nd best safety rating of all minivans, and features are outstanding.
Great Van! by An MSN Autos Consumer on 09/17/2006. Trim: 2005 Mercury Monterey Convenience, Owned 1 year.
Pros: I love the handle it has. It is so easy to drive. And it has get up & go when you need it. I have never drove a van like this one. The seating is awesome too.
Cons: None that i have found yet
Overall review: Love it!!!
2995 Monterey by Jan from Michigan on 06/20/2006. Trim: 2005 Mercury Monterey Premier, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: This is my first van and I fell in love the first week! It looks a little more sporty than other vans. It performs very well,with exception of quick manuevers, feeling somewhat unstable.The interior is very roomy and comfortable. There are enough "cubbies" for all my extras needed on the road! I really like the media controls on the steering column for ease of use! I really like the button controls for opening the sliding doors and liftgate!
Cons: I feel is the gas mileage is lacking. I was use to 30MPG and now am getting 19-27. I also don't like the swaying feel in a quick manuevering situation.
Overall review: The pros far outweigh the cons and I will enjoy my Monterey for a long time!