2005 Subaru Baja

2 3 4 5 6  Next
Unique "Truck" by imbachick (Nashville) on 02/08/2008. Trim: 2005 Subaru Baja Sport, Owned 4 years.
Pros: Love the unique look, handling, all wheel drive, and versatility. Handles great in snow, mud, etc.. Truckbed has come in handy several times. Subaru is supposed to be dependable and long lasting, which I hope is true (this is my first one), as I plan to drive it until the wheels fall off! Great if you ride bikes, as you won't have as much wind drag with the bikes in the truckbed instead of on the back or top.
Cons: Acceleration. I wish I had gotten the turbo instead. My husband's Honda Element (also a 4 cylinder) accelerates MUCH better. It was so annoying, I actually took it to the dealer, but they insist it is normal. It really seems to struggle up hills sometimes. Not a lot of leg/head room in back, but not a big deal for me. Wish it had a little more interior space. If you have ANY gear (backpacking, camping, etc), you will be limited to two people in the car, or chance your gear in the truck bed.
Overall review: If you get one - go for the turbo. The small difference in gas mileage is worth the extra power you will get. Also, you will have more upgrade options (leather seats, etc). Great if you need a truck bed - if not, I would go with the Outback. It has a lot more interior space, I thought it handled just as well (I test drove one), and had a lot more upgrade options. It could use a better stereo system - within the first two years (and luckily under warranty), they had to replace one speaker and the stereo itself. Will be upgrading soon to one that has an IPOD connection and better speakers.
DELWOOD2005SUBARUBAJA by Dennis in glendale az. on 04/17/2011. Trim: 2005 Subaru Baja Turbo, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: I,ve owned MY 2005 turbo all blue moon roof for 2 months. i recieve thumbs up & 99% of the time people tell me that i have a very good looking & high styled,quality truck. This is more than a truck !. Driving is so comfortable. The TURBO gives you the power. I can live with premium fuel at any price with this EXCELLENT BAJA !!!. IF you can find one,buy it. REMEMBER,ALWAYS GET THAT OIL CHANGE & AIR IN THOSE TIRES.
Cons: none
Overall review: I,m proud of my baja.
Review ID: #552034 Is this review offensive?
I Love my BaJa by Dawn on 09/10/2008. Trim: 2005 Subaru Baja Turbo, Owned 1 year.
Pros: I like everything about this truck.
Overall review: i would recommend this truck
Fun to Drive by Dskis on 06/06/2008. Trim: 2005 Subaru Baja Turbo, Owned 2 years.
Pros: everything
Cons: get the factory cover
Overall review: wonderful we have 2 2005 &2006
Woopdee-doo for my Subaru!!!!! by LBC Surfgoddes, Long Beach, Ca on 04/30/2008. Trim: 2005 Subaru Baja Turbo, Owned 3 years.
Pros: I have owned my Baja since new. It was a replacement to a Freelander, which was one of the worst cars I ever owned. I have never taken it to the shop for anything then maintanence. I have over 60K miles on it, with now hassles what s ever. We tow an A-liner trailer all over with it and still get about 20mpg. The bed is made of all recycled plastics and is tuff as heck. It resists stains and hoes out with cool little drain vents. You can open up the back of the cabin to haul long stuff too. Oh and did I mentions it is fast as heck too
Cons: In the morning the turbo is a bit cold, so your off the line is a bit slow, but I have an automatic. I wish the towing capacity was more, and there was a good spot to mount the trailer brake controler. A cool brush gaurd (like the old 80s brats) would be nice. I wish you could disenguage the auto trans too, so you could tow it with a big RV.... BUT.... MY BIGGEST CON IS, Subaru stopped production of it...
Overall review: If you can find one, buy it, you will not regret it. It is like the Brat only better. If you Surf, Skate, Snowboard, or anything outdoorsy (even gardening) this is the best car/truck for you...
2 3 4 5 6  Next