2005 Subaru Outback

I want t love my Subaru Outback But ..,. by MrTibs on 05/05/2013. Trim: 2005 Subaru Outback 2.5 i Wagon, Owned 6 years.
Pros: All wheel drive system is the best. The Outback feels screwed into the ground on snow and wet roads. The Tiptronic automatic transmission is very smooth and fun to drive, The vehicle handles well on all road conditions that northern New England dishes out.
Cons: There have been too many maintenance issues: drivers side axle replaced, 2 rear wheel bearings, 1 front wheel bearing, oil pan rusted out and replaced, valve cover gaskets replaced, both cat. converters failed and needed replacement. Oxygen sensors and a rear muffler replace as well. Add these unexpected maintenance costs to the scheduled maintenance and you better be a rich man to drive this car. The vehicle is very tough on tires. I got 3 years on factory original Brigestones and 3 years on replacement Bridgstones. Running on Michelin now with 720 tread life-we will see. In addition, all the exterior light bulbs keep burning out. So many times that now I can now replace them blindfolded.
Overall review: It's a car I love to drive but from a maintenance perspective I am afraid to own. Please see my maintenance comments on the "Cons:" section.
2005 Subaru Outback by Tracer8 on 12/06/2012. Trim: 2005 Subaru Outback 2.5 i Limited Wagon, Owned 7 years.
Pros: Drives nice
Cons: Has hundreds of posts on internet forums about high maintenance issues.
Overall review: I would not buy this vehicle...!!!!
Don't buy a Turbo by Patrick on 08/19/2012. Trim: 2005 Subaru Outback, Owned 2 years.
Pros: Good in bad weather.
Cons: Turbo failed, then 6000 miles later the whole engine failed
Overall review: Terrible engine don't buy a turbo.
My Beloved La Bella Luna by An MSN Autos Consumer on 04/07/2012. Trim: 2005 Subaru Outback, Owned 2 years.
Pros: Everything!!!
Cons: Nothing...
Overall review: I'm happy with the overall performance of the Outback...
Dependable car. by Cenior brain person. on 03/07/2012. Trim: 2005 Subaru Outback 2.5 i Wagon, Owned 7 years.
Pros: Solid stearing, sharp brake and stability when runs in high speed.
Cons: Sheats are rather hard and vehicle's choice of color is not too many.
Overall review: I have confidence when I go to long distance ride. Start very well in extreme cold temperature at North country.