2005 Toyota Matrix

My Matrix Space Ship by Danielle on 08/01/2006. Trim: 2005 Toyota Matrix XR 4WD, Owned 1 year.
Pros: I love my Matrix! It is awesome on gas and I have driven it on tons of road trips. It also has plenty of room for passangers.
Cons: Three things: One the windsheild wipers freeze up in the snow, Two acceleration up hills is slow, and Three the paint chips really easily.
Overall review: I love this car it is good on gas, plenty of room and has all these special features that are a plus. With the few problems I have they are out numbered for the reasons that I love this car. My friend drove my car and she bought a Martix too.
Great for Camping by Hippichick from KC on 12/23/2008. Trim: 2005 Toyota Matrix 2WD, Owned 1 year.
Pros: I have hauled kayaks on the roof, my entire art show booth and all my art inside, a 5 drawer dresser, it's amazing what you can get into this car. Great for camping. It handles well in the snow and gets great gas mileage for as big as it is. I average 26 in the city, and 32 on the highway, although I have gotten as much as 36. I bought it used with 59k miles a year ago, and have had no problems.
Cons: It beeps too much at everything, when you are backing the car up, the rear view is somewhat limited and hard to see out of. It's tough to keep the defrost warm enough when it's really cold without getting overheated in the car. And it's apparently difficult to reset the oil change light, as no one is yet to do it when I get the oil changed. Minor stuff.
Overall review: This is one of my favorite cars of all that I have owned. If your looking for functionality, comfort and gas mileage, it's a great car.
Racy Wagon by An MSN Autos Consumer on 10/24/2005. Trim: 2005 Toyota Matrix XR 2WD, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Cool styling and space
Cons: Lack of power. With the Variable Timing you get great fuel milage, but when you need to accellerate the engine is fast asleep. I am confused why do they design an auto with the stick shift right where your right leg needs just alittle more room?
Overall review: Good little commuter, with good looks, and Toyota Dependablity.
Nice Car by An MSN Autos Consumer on 05/05/2005. Trim: 2005 Toyota Matrix 2WD, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: very economical, great mileage, roomy, powerful enough to get you around. Handles pretty nice too
Cons: I think the trunk/fold down seats should have less hard plastic. Maybe power windows/locks should come standard on all models. I dont like the exhaust sound and engine noise.
Overall review: This vehicle will last for years and miles to come, and it has left a good impression on Toyota with me.
Happy Matrix Owner!! :-) by A.C. from Hawaii on 11/12/2005. Trim: 2005 Toyota Matrix 2WD, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: There are many things I like about this vehicle.. the styling, roominess,price,handling,etc.
Cons: N/A
Overall review: My wife and I were debating on whether to get a Corolla or the Matrix. We test drove both and even though the Corolla has a little better gas mileage, we decided on the Matrix because of the roominess and all the other features. We've always owned Toyota's and this is my 4th one. We've never been disappointed with these cars.