1997 Ford Escort

1997 Ford Escort Prices
1997 Ford Escort Fuel Economy
My first car, my best, car is a Ford by Theresa from Adairsville,Ga on 05/24/2003. Trim: 1997 Ford Escort LX 4-Door, Owned 7 years.
Pros: Comfortable, small ands easy to manuver, great features,lots of space
Overall review: The best car I have ever had.
unreliable money pit by Bitter in Toledo, OH on 11/05/2002. Trim: 1997 Ford Escort Base, Owned 6 years.
Pros: nothing
Cons: Things I have had to replace: transmission (after 50,000 miles), radiator (55,000 miles), oxygen sensor (20,000 miles), brakes (30,000 miles), tires (36,000 miles), CD 6-disc changer (40,000 miles), head gasket (15,000 miles) fuel pump (20,000 miles) wheel axle (55,000 miles) So many other things that I can't even remember I would say thank god I have the extended service plan, except they have denied several of my claims. If you have an extended service plan, save every receipt for every oil change, fluid change, tire rotation, alignment, etc, etc, etc. I didn't and was screwed for it.
Overall review: My parents bought me this car new when I was in college so that I would have a reliable and dependable form of transportation, and so that I wouldn't have to spend a lot of money on repairs, which I laugh at now. It has such low resale value that I am driving it until the engine falls out (I used to say I would drive it until the wheels fall off until one of them actually did). If you want to waste your time and money fixing a car that doesn't have any resale value, I highly recommend buying a 97 Ford Escort. I'm amazed by other good reviews of this vehicle - everyone I know that's ever had one has as many complaints as I do.
"You've got to love it" by Yvonne on 09/17/2006. Trim: 1997 Ford Escort LX 4-Door, Owned 8 years.
Pros: Everything. I bought the car from Enterprise in 1998 and it has been vertually trouble free since then. I do wish it had come with an electric roof skylight (not one of those hand crank ones). In all, I love that red little car. I miss that car! It is in Arizona with my daughter because I couldn't afford to get it sent to Hawaii.
Cons: N/A
Overall review: I simply love it!
LX Sport by cruiser on 04/26/2004. Trim: 1997 Ford Escort LX 4-Door, Owned 5 years.
Pros: The car isn't bad looking, it is comfortable for long trips, plenty of room. Great gas mileage (43 mpg best tank, 38 mpg average) The performance is as good, even with over 125,000mi, as when it had 30,000mi. I put on 100,000mi in 2 1/2yrs the only non maintenace items have been the harmonic balancer at 98,000 and an O2 scensor at 112,000.
Cons: The engine is a little buzzy over 4,000rpm.
Overall review: I would recommend the Escort to anyone. Mine has been excellent and low cost. I get better gas mileage now (with 125,000) then when it had less the 50,000 on it and I still don't use a drop of oil between changes (every 4-5000mi).
The car by Linda on 06/08/2003. Trim: 1997 Ford Escort Base, Owned 3 years.
Pros: This is a great car!
Overall review: Great car