2005 Pontiac Vibe

29 mpg in real life by An MSN Autos Consumer on 06/07/2005. Trim: 2005 Pontiac Vibe Base, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Good gas mileage although not what I expected. In real life I get 28-29 mpg with 90 % on the highway doing 70-80mph. I thought i would get in the low 30's. the acceleration is fair for the size engine it has, the fact i have a manual trans helps out too. noticable differance with passangers. i'm 6'3" and it is pretty comfy to drive but the steering wheel could telescope out a few inches.
Cons: the cross bars for the standard roof rack are optional for the base. the CD that came with the car got stuck in it and the radio has to be replaced. no cruise control. I leave my back pack on the passenger seat and it sets off the annoying seatbelt alarm for 2 minutes.
Overall review: *****
RV-Toaderific by Lannis on 09/28/2011. Trim: 2005 Pontiac Vibe Base, Owned 2 years.
Pros: I have owned this car two years....Zero problems...Installed a battery & thats it !! The ride is not that of a Buick or Cadillac but the MPG is incredible. I drive it all the time to save money. Getting 28 in town and 33-35 on the highway. Specs say you should get 36 on the Highway but 35 is the best I ever got. Interrior engineerins as far as use of availble space is best of any car I have ever owned. Mine is a 5-speed, not real fast but lots of fun to drive. Passed 100,000 miles two weeks ago, still running perfectly. Only thing I changed was the oil. I believe in Mobile One Synthetic = have it in all four vehicles, virtually no wear.
Cons: If I have to go somewhere sitting in that seat over three hours, I have to get out and streach. Kinda tight for a big fella. Don't like the fact that they went with 16-inch tires rather than 15-inch as the 16-inch are more expensive than 15s.
Overall review: I like how the seats fold down. Like the 110-volt plug in the dash for my notebook. Like the way the front passenger seat is designed to double as a Lap-Top table. Also allows carry inside of 8-foot 2x4 and other long items. I have a roadmaster fold away hitch to pull the Vibe behind the Motor home. Nearly 1000 lbs less than the Jeep Liberty was. Getting better miliage in the Motor home now. The stock radio with CD is as good as the radio in our SRX. Dig it !!!
best as a winter car by gib on 02/08/2008. Trim: 2005 Pontiac Vibe AWD, Owned 3 years.
Pros: great in the snow!
Cons: transmission won't shift until engine is worm, takes longer to warm up in cold weather.
Overall review: safe car and great in the snow
The best Vehicle by Tony on 09/11/2005. Trim: 2005 Pontiac Vibe Base, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: look's and militage
Cons: seat's
Overall review: good
Love my vibe! by Aaron on 07/02/2005. Trim: 2005 Pontiac Vibe Base, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Nice styling. Greatfeul mileage. Comfortable. Toyota build quality. Can't beat that!
Cons: Engine is a bit gruff under acceleration. Arm rest could have been bigger. Why did they put the antenna in the center of the roof rack???
Overall review: Love it. Buy it! I can't believe this vehicle isn't advertised more. It has everything that someone could want. I even put our 55 gallon fish tank, with stand, into the back. I also love all the modifications that are possible.