2005 Lotus Elise

2005 Lotus Elise Prices
2005 Lotus Elise Fuel Economy
The Most Fun to Drive Sports Car by Ms.Kitty from Garden City on 05/22/2009. Trim: 2005 Lotus Elise Coupe, Owned 4 years.
Pros: This is a gorgeous car! I love it! Even after 4 years of ownership, every time I see it I feel the same way I felt the first time I saw it! I just LOVE this car. It is fun and easy to drive. I love hearing the click click of the metal clutch pedal and stick shift as I shift from gear to gear. Visibility is great in all directions!! My car is Chrome Orange, and can be seen from a mile away!! In a small car, I thought that was a great safety feature! This is an awesome vehicle!!
Cons: Getting in and out of the car is somewhat less than elegant.
Overall review: Outstanding!
lotus by Stormin on 02/26/2009. Trim: 2005 Lotus Elise Coupe, Owned 3 years.
Pros: Fun and great to drive...head turner...well worth the money for a high performance, amazing handling convertible.
Cons: you're girl/wife will not be comfortable
Overall review: LOVE IT
Hard to buy a car this fun at this price by An MSN Autos Consumer on 01/21/2009. Trim: 2005 Lotus Elise Coupe, Owned 5 years.
Pros: Handling , low maintance cost.
Cons: Peaky engine, lack of bumper.
Overall review: Hard to find a better looking and fun performing car at this price range. While it has some obvious drawbacks
Perma Grin by Seattlite on 11/15/2008. Trim: 2005 Lotus Elise Coupe, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Literally the best handling car in the world. It won't keep up with a Z06 on the straights, but in the twisties, you get it all back. Reliable Toyota engine that's been tweaked by Lotus. 0-60 in under 5 sec. Great 6 speed gear box, also sourced from toyota. Stunning looks. Relatively inexpensive to maintain, considering other cars of similar performance level. Funky British car with character.
Cons: There is nothing I dislike. There are upgrades, however. It could use a bit more power. Once you've had it a while, you get used to the 5 sec 0-60, and start craving 4sec. Lotus has dialed in a bit of understeer when you do reach the limits of adhesion. This is a safe setting for most people, but I'd prefer a little oversteer anyday, so it could use a little more rubber up front. A lot of the things people don't like about it, give it charm, to me.
Overall review: There is great aftermarket support for anything you find it lacks. I'm personally looking into ohlins suspension, a supercharger, lightweight forged wheels that are slightly wider, especially up front. A few aero bits are probably necessary, as well. It is very neutral at speed (140mph), however, I prefer to have a bit more downforce when reaching those mph, which will be easily exceeded once supercharged. It's a fantastic car as is, and will outhandle anything as it comes from the factory. If you want more of what it does so well, get the exige. I personally like the removable top, and rearward visibility, so I've stayed with the elise, with upgrades. Also, I don't think hardly any of these reviews are by people that actually own the car :(
OVER 3 YRS OF OWNERSHIP, AND I'M STILL SMILING!! by TODD/ SAN DIEGO on 01/18/2008. Trim: 2005 Lotus Elise Coupe, Owned 4 years.
Pros: HEY , IT TODD AGAIN FROM SAN DIEGO,(SEE PREVIOUS POST) ITS NOW 01-18-08, AND IM UPDATING MY PREVIOUS POST.. THIS CAR IS STILL BEAUTIFUL AND EXCEPT FOR MY SON SLAMMING THE PASSENGER DOOR REALLY HARD ON ACCIDENT AND KNOCKING THE WINDOW OFF THE TRACK, THIS CAR HAS NOT GIVEN ME 1 SINGLE PROBLEM!! AND I STILL LOVE EVERY LITTLE INCH OF IT!! IT IS THE PERFECT LITTLE "CANYON WEAPON" AND AFTER ALL THESE YEARS IT STILL PUTS A SMILE ON MY FACE EVERY TIME I DRIVE IT.
Cons: YOU WILL NEED TO REPLACE TIRES ABOUT EVERY 10-12,OOO MILES AND THEY ARE ABOUT $200/EA FOR THE FRONTS AND $295/EA FOR THE REARS PLUS MOUNT & BALANCE (ABOUT 1150. OTD) AND THE RADIO RECEPTION STILL STINKS!!
Overall review: STILL DOLLAR FOR DOLLAR THE MOST FUN CAR ON THE ROAD. YOU CAN CRUISE IT, AUTOCROSS IT, OR SCCA RACE IT..TAKE YOUR PICK,..IT IS AN AMAZING VEHICLE WITH A GREAT FOLLOWING OF LOYAL OWNERS AND ENTHUSIASTS THAT ARE REALLY NICE. YOU WONT GO WRONG BY OWNING ONE OF THESE INEXPENSIVE EXOTICS IF YOU REALLY "LOVE " CARS
Review ID: #521965 Is this review offensive?