2004 Kia Spectra (2004.5)

It really had the power to surprise me! by Roberto, at Houston, Texas on 11/16/2007. Trim: 2004 Kia Spectra (2004.5) EX, Owned 2 years.
Pros: Fun to drive. Fast response for acelaration and braking. Wide, confortable interior and cargo area considering a compact car, lots of safety features, fuel economy, low cost maintanance. The look is really good. Prety good sound of the radio and 6 speakers. The most extensive warranty out there.
Cons: Front seats a bit small for big bodies, some engine noise at high rpm. Kia dealer service not available on Saturdays. Only doors handlers needed to be repainted and battery needed a jump start once.
Overall review: A very competitive price (2005, EX Equiped, $14,800) for a very good and practical car. Happy to own it after 2 and a half years!
MY KIA Gotta love it! by An MSN Autos Consumer on 11/15/2005. Trim: 2004 Kia Spectra (2004.5) EX, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: I love the way it looks and how roomy it surprisingly is
Cons: It really can't handle driving up hills, it really starts to show that its only 4 cylinders
Overall review: overall this is a great car i would reccomend it to everyone who is looking for a stylish, reliable vehicle on a budget.
Loved my Spectra by ex mechanic on 06/29/2011. Trim: 2004 Kia Spectra (2004.5) EX, Owned 7 years.
Pros: Good gas mileage, few repairs, fun to drive, very small turning radius, safe.
Cons: Tires required balancing often, transmission downshited too low sometimes giving a high rev. Speedometer would sometimes a higher than actual speed during extended bumper to bumper traffic and then return to normal operation on its own.
Overall review: I bought new in 09/2004. No major repairs whatsoever. Aside from regular mainetnance (tires, brakes, oil changes) repairs included: both front wheel bearings, timing belt and water pump. I put 140,000 miles on it in the less than 7 years I owned it and it still drove like brand new. I got into a major accident with this car and i really feel that it saved my life. I would recomend it without hesitation to anyone.
Best car by An MSN Autos Consumer on 02/01/2009. Trim: 2004 Kia Spectra (2004.5) EX, Owned 3 years.
Pros: Fuel economy and trouble free use. Great in snow and ice also. Very comfortable on long trips
Cons: Having to use the unlock button to open passenger front door.
Overall review: Love this car, very reliable, comfortable and great to drive. Nice job Kia!
The Silver Go-Cart by Janet from Fort Scott on 12/24/2008. Trim: 2004 Kia Spectra (2004.5) LX, Owned 4 years.
Pros: Great gas mileage! Love the passenger airbag safety feature(shuts off it you have someone that weighs under 100 lbs.)it is seat activated. Love the remote side mirrors. Spacious back seat. Even my 6foot 2 inch brother doesn't mind riding in the back seat. Handles great and excelerates well.
Cons: The seat doesn't adjust to my liking. when you raise the seat it only raises your back, it actually lows your knees. I want the whole seat to raise like an electic seat does. Sometimes the speedometer sticks but when I take it in the guys at KIA, they say there is nothing wrong with it. (really annoying) Second cup holder is kinda ackward if the drive has to use it. At least for me it is.
Overall review: I really enjoy this car. I will have this car for a really long time. Its really dependable and I truely feel safe driving this car. It goes great in all weather! I recommend this car to everyone. My husband likes driving my car because he says it feels like a big go cart to him. Not sure what he means, I just love driving it and not stopping to fill up all the time.