2005 Mazda Tribute

sporty by carebear on 07/16/2009. Trim: 2005 Mazda Tribute s FWD, Owned 4 years.
Pros: styling, stereo system, sun roof - cargo area
Cons: tires are noisy, a/c buttons hard to tell if a/c on or not,
Overall review: excellent - will keep for a long time and then get another tribute if they still make them!!
Tribute - BUY ONE! by Golfer in NH on 02/16/2008. Trim: 2005 Mazda Tribute i FWD, Owned 3 years.
Pros: Like everything about it! - Note: Not sure why the review when saved says I have owned the car less than 1 year... I have owned it since March 2005.
Cons: Nothing.
Overall review: Mazda designed 2.3L "avg's" 26.5 mpg and has great acceleration for a 153hp 4 cyl fwd! Cargo room is incredible with Versatile seat folding (60/40). Get waaaaay way more for the money than the two top Japanese imports in the same category :>)
My second Mazda vehicule, not at all like my RX7. by pincourtpat on 10/16/2007. Trim: 2005 Mazda Tribute s FWD, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Stability on the road, turning radius
Cons: The short seats for long legged people. I had to make brackets and extend the seat part 2 inches.
Overall review: I am getting used to driving it. Forward parking is a dream, but extra care is required for backing up. The rear seat head rests and the rear wiper mount on the window portion of the back door obstructs the view in the rear view mirror, not a good thing. Now that I have relocated the seat portion, I find it more comfortable on long rides.
You get what you paid for by Dude from OC on 01/01/2008. Trim: 2005 Mazda Tribute i 4WD, Owned 3 years.
Pros: The exterior design and price are the qualities that stand out the most about this vehicle. I tried to find an SUV for the price I paid for it and there was not a single one that was available plus all the other extras went with it. The interior design is also pleasantly done although mazda could have used maybe softer material around the door panels. The gas mileage is descent for a four cylinder w/ a five speed manual tramsmission and being that this is a stick shift, it is very enjoyable and fun to drive.
Cons: My main problem with this vehicle is the excessive noise created by the tires whether you are on a street or highway. The tires developed cupping after just 15,000 miles. Mazda insists that there is nothing wrong with the car and Continental Tire says their tires are not defective. I have read similar problem from owners of the same model on the internet. There are also sqeaking noise specially during acceleration and decceleration. I think they are coming from all the plastic body cladding inside and out. Occasionally, I do experience the difficulty of filling up gas when it backs up where you have to continuously press the dispenser lever in order to complete the task.
Overall review: The vehicle in general is good other than the problem which I have stated above, I am pretty satisfied with the car in terms of its mechanical components and it's driving attributes. For the price I paid for it, there's really not much to complain.
Review ID: #520902 Is this review offensive?
Great value, but wish I would have bought the S by An MSN Autos Consumer on 11/24/2007. Trim: 2005 Mazda Tribute i FWD AT, Owned 2 years.
Pros: Purchased from dealer in June 2005. Nicer styling than the Ford, including rear privacy glass on the i trim, an aggressive exterior stance, and it handles like a car.
Cons: Highway road noise can be harsh, possilby because of the Continental tires. Accelleration is noticibly slow at times.
Overall review: It's a good value and free of defects and problems.
Review ID: #519162 Is this review offensive?