2005 Chevrolet Equinox

Money Pit by An MSN Autos Consumer on 12/29/2009. Trim: 2005 Chevrolet Equinox LT 2WD, Owned 4 years.
Pros: Eterior is nice
Cons: Junk. New brakes, rotors at 30000, Now a blown head gasket at 45,000. What next??
Overall review: Junk
My little truck. by John on 02/19/2011. Trim: 2005 Chevrolet Equinox LT AWD, Owned 7 years.
Pros: I bought this car the first week it was available in 2004. It has been fantastic. The fold down from seat allows me to carry lumber up to 11.5 feet in length. The gas mileage has been 24.5 on the highway and 20 in town. The steeriing(electronic) is wonderful. I would not have another car with the traditional steering. I have over 105,000 miles and it has caused me no problem.
Cons: Turning radius is poor.
Overall review: Great Car!!!!
The Ultimate LEMON! by Someone Who Got Ripped Off! on 03/24/2010. Trim: 2005 Chevrolet Equinox LS 2WD, Owned 3 years.
Pros: - Look$ Good!
Cons: - Head Gastket blown after 58,000km... that's KM not Miles!!! co$t 2,500 CA. to fix. - ¢heapo Paint i$ $tarting to fall off!!... will ¢o$t 400 to repaint!. - ¢D ¢hanger i$ not operational anymore ¢d$ get $tu¢k! will ¢o$t 300 to fix. - $eat$ are made of ¢heapo material$ al$o fading out and ripping... dunno how mu¢h that will ¢o$t! - I ¢ould go on and on... but we'll $top at that!...
Overall review: I am very well aware that all ¢ar$ have moving part$ that will deteriorate and eventually break and need of repla¢ing, with that $aid I $hould be able to drive a ¢ar for a good amount of kilometer$ before thi$ happen$, not drive 58,000km and have mayor repair needed all be¢au$e GM de¢ide$ to in$tall ¢HEAPO ¢hine$e part$ in all their ¢ar$. I really $ugge$t you go Import... I know I know I am tra$hing the ¢hine$e part$... but we are talking Japane$e here!!!... mayor differen¢e! right?. $TAY AWAY!! From thi$ Tru¢k!!! $TAY AWAY! from GM ¢ar$/Tru¢k$/Minivan$ Period!!!.
JUST WAIT UNTIL YOU PASS WARRANTY by rena on 07/16/2009. Trim: 2005 Chevrolet Equinox LS AWD, Owned 4 years.
Pros: I love the back seat roominess & overall styling of the car. great size overall & great storage for me
Cons: oh boy...abnormal tire wear, rotor replacement quite early, steering shakes at higher speeds, major suspension issues & a blown gasket @ 43,000 miles $2200 repair!!! horrible staining fabric!!.. even from snow or water & cheap interior materials.
Overall review: you will see that anyone who left a positive review had their car 1 year or less. wait until you have had the car 3-4 years, or just outside of warranty..all s*** hits the fan.
Piece of Junk.....couldn't even make lemonade with this one...... by James Hammond on 10/21/2012. Trim: 2005 Chevrolet Equinox LT 2WD, Owned 8 years.
Pros: nothing
Cons: everything......it is plaqued with problems everything from cooling system, suspension, braking, electrical, everything.......just awlful......can't believe Chevy didn't recall this vehicle......oh let me not forget the fuel system, fuel pump went bad, Chevy recalled 2007's and above but not 2005 or 06.....as if they used a different fuel pump.......put enough money into this car......could have rebuilt a classic on this bill.
Overall review: It should be burned.....