2005 Dodge Caravan

Great family vehicle by HughesWR on 03/11/2012. Trim: 2005 Dodge Caravan Grand SXT, Owned 6 years.
Pros: Interior very spacious, fold n go is great. The wife loves to leave the little tuners sitting at the light with the 3.8 engine. Very reliable over the last 198,540 miles.
Cons: Rear seat cup holders are made for coffee cups and don't hold even a small fast food drink through a corner. They're just to shallow.
Overall review: This is a great family vehicle.
dodge unreliable brand by An MSN Autos Consumer on 04/03/2009. Trim: 2005 Dodge Caravan Grand SXT, Owned 4 years.
Pros: acceleration, ride, roominess can carry big loads
Cons: reliability, at 60k had to replace front struts, power steering pump, at 70k passenger pwr door motor went out, check engine light turned on. started leaking coolant at 80k so i traded it in for a scion worst purchase of my life... bought it brand new used only synthetic oil and for 29k brand new. will never buy a dodge again. dont buy this van!!!!
Overall review: terrible reliabilty brakes also terrible had to change them every 20k and rotors became warped every 8k had to resurface them...
A costly disappointment by NoMoreDodgeForMe on 01/19/2012. Trim: 2005 Dodge Caravan Grand SXT, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Things on the inside are great. Love the interior features all the way through. It's the stuff under the hood that seems to be a constant problem.
Cons: We've had the car 6 months. It was a 2005 with 47K miles on it, so we thought it was a good deal. However, we were wrong. Here's a list of repairs in 6 months: water pump, intake gasket, ABS light repair, O2 sensor, 4 new tires, front brake rotors, and the power sliding door lock on the drivers side doesn't work. The passenger power window occasionally quits working, but if you hold the button down and slam the door shut, it starts working again (classy, huh?). The last time it was in the shop (this week), the mechanic said that the struts were about done. We paid cash for the car, but it's been like having a car payment every month anyway with all the repairs.
Overall review: This was a poor purchase for us. After years of owning Honda and Toyota products, we bought a Dodge. At this point, we are looking to trade for something else more reliable. Perhaps the newer models are better, but I cannot recommend this vehicle based on our experience.
EnguiringMind by An MSN Autos Consumer on 09/04/2010. Trim: 2005 Dodge Caravan Grand SXT, Owned 1 year.
Pros: I luv all the power group convenience, power lift gate/sliding doors/DVD....etc. Bought it 2009/Feb. with 39K on it and still love the van with 96K on it today ... Great 'sto n go' feature.... easy to put the seats away when need extra space to help kids moving back to university/home trips every year ... good mileage as well .... Hwy/City combined - about 10.8 L/100Km .... not bad for a 2005 Grand Caravan SXT
Cons: Had the water pump replaced under warranty this Jan./2010. Sometimes the reverse gear does not get in gear properly, may be once every 6 or 8 weeks... Just starting to have a few drops of transmission oil leak on my driveway ... not sure if its the beginning of the 'common' transmission problems I heard on the street ? - anyway - my mechanic told me that if I keep an eye on it and keep it top up - it shouldn't be too bad.... I hope he is right !
Overall review: I had driven imports for many years - Mazda/Honda/Toyota...etc. I am pleasantly surprised that I enjoy driving this Grand Caravan SXT for the last 18 months ... Yes - I would get one again !!!
Good but quirky packages by An MSN Autos Consumer on 03/01/2009. Trim: 2005 Dodge Caravan Grand SE, Owned 4 years.
Pros: The car is very easy to handle. Even with an Upstate New York winter, the car still handles the same as if it was summer. The steering is very responsive too.
Cons: The car came with a very quirky package- we have a DVD player and Stow and Go, but crank windows, no power locks, and no power mirrors. Also it can feel a little sluggish sometimes when going uphill- you have to give it a little more gas then you think you would need to.
Overall review: I like it. Aside from the not having a power convenience package, the Stow and Go feature has more than made up for that. Stow and Go is also very easy to use, but you do have to push the driver/passenger seats all the way up first before you can stow the second row. Other than that, its a good car and I would definitely recommend it. The only major problem is when we hit a humongous pothole and had to have the front two tires replaced. Other than that it has just been routine oil changes, tire rotate, etc.