2004 Volvo S40 (2004.5)

Lots of Small Problems by Adam on 02/02/2008. Trim: 2004 Volvo S40 (2004.5) 2.4i, Owned 3 years.
Pros: The S40 is a very sound vehicle. At higher speeds it is very stable. Overall it seems like a safe and durable car. Handling is excellent.
Cons: I have had numerous problems with the Volvo S40 since I purchased it. Small things that have added up over time: vehicle would not start, radio wouldn't turn on, drivers window would go back down, drivers window would not go up automatically, and handle broke on the driver's door.
Overall review: I like the car, but the numerous problems I have had with the car make it more of a hassle then its worth. Reliability is always been important for me and this car has not been that reliable.
Volvo S40 T5 by Karen on 01/04/2007. Trim: 2004 Volvo S40 (2004.5) T5, Owned 2 years.
Pros: Quick pick up. Stylish. Large trunk.
Cons: A few issues with the GPS system
Overall review: Great car!
VW 2 Volvo by euro3b on 02/07/2007. Trim: 2004 Volvo S40 (2004.5) T5, Owned 1 year.
Pros: What do I like about it? It doesn’t come from Japan! It’s not a cookie cutter Toyota, Honda or Nissan. Fell in love with this car back in 2004 when they were brand new. I new then some 2 year prior to me even looking at one seriously it was going to be my next car. For the money, it has just about everything. Love this car, glad I chose it.
Cons: I would say I wish the power seats would allow the seats to go down further so I can sit nice and low. Being tall, I love sittin low in the car with the back part leaned back. What can I say, it’s comfortable!
Overall review: Why spend money on a Honda, Toyota or Nissan. You get FAR superior quality and safety from Volvo with rock solid performance. The S40 may be a little more money but you pay for quality/safety and that something there is no price tag for esp. safety!
I do not recommend the S40 by Rich in Phoenix on 09/07/2006. Trim: 2004 Volvo S40 (2004.5) 2.4i, Owned 2 years.
Pros: Nice styling and safety features at an attractive price. Gas mileage is also pretty good.
Cons: Reliability has been very poor. In less than two years, I have been to the dealer repeatedly for all sorts of electronic problems as well as a very noisy clutch pedal (3 times). I live in Phoenix and the air conditioner is very underpowered and never seems to get cold. I am planning to trade out of my lease early and will probably never buy another Volvo.
Overall review: I have grown to hate this car due to all the problems I have had with it. While there is a lot to like about the S40, the constant trips to the dealer's service department outweigh everything else. Don't even think abou this car if you live in a hot climate. The air conditioner is terrible.
Volvo S40 T5 (2004.5) by An MSN Autos Consumer on 06/28/2005. Trim: 2004 Volvo S40 (2004.5) T5, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Turbo engine with great gas mileage and take regular fuel. Handles way above expectations in snow and icy weather. Exteremely comfortable. So many gadgets, I'm still learning new features!
Cons: Could use more leg room for back seats. Reaching the back window to clean was difficult.
Overall review: Overall enjoyable drive and ride. Feel and know I'm when I drive the S40. T5 (turbo) and all the additional packages are worth it. There are so many features that you find a new one all the time. As a driver I love everything about this car, and highly recommend it!