2004 Volkswagen Phaeton

The Beauty and the Beast by micbanlan on 05/26/2011. Trim: 2004 Volkswagen Phaeton V8, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: There's everything to love about this car. Available All Wheel Drive capability something you have to pay extra for on Mercedes S-class, option not available on 7-series BMW or Lexus LS model.
Cons: Absolutely nothing.
Overall review: The best luxury used car available to date.
Flying under the Radar~~ by Happietwo on 02/19/2011. Trim: 2004 Volkswagen Phaeton V8, Owned 4 years.
Pros: Had mine for 5 years trouble free. The ultimate luxury (Bentley interior and appointments) without screaming I need attention. Up close is WOW from the Valet attendants to just about anywhere you park it.
Cons: Not a thing.
Overall review: Most americans missed the concept because of the "badge". YOU LOSE! When it gets re-introduced on the Audi chassis, it will be nice but not the same as the first born.
Superb vehicle. by Vancouver owner. on 01/24/2010. Trim: 2004 Volkswagen Phaeton V8, Owned 2 years.
Pros: Exceptionally well designed and constructed. Just feels rock solid and projects quality.
Cons: Nothing.
Overall review: Best vehicle I have ever owned by a wide margin.
Best luxury car for the money! by Doug - Roseville, CA on 09/10/2009. Trim: 2004 Volkswagen Phaeton V8, Owned 5 years.
Pros: Amazing vehicle. I bought in new in 2004 and 49K miles later I am still amazed with this vehicle. The Phaeton is at its best while cruising on the freeway. Very quiet, comfortable ride. The epitome of luxury in and out. Great job VW...now bring it back to the states!
Cons: NAV does not display street names?
Overall review: Best car for the money by a wide margin. Not many on the road so it is an opportunity to own a very unique automobile at an incredible price. I would highly recommend this vehicle.
Power in a Black Tuxedo by Smooth Rider Rochester on 12/27/2008. Trim: 2004 Volkswagen Phaeton V8, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: This is a fantastic vehicle. It is still sold in Europe. I saw one in a showroom in Barcelona Spain and it reminded me of what a quality automobile this is. I have owned mine since last March and initially was a little worried about the lack of a track record on reliability. I did not buy it to drive everyday but my other American made car just died on me and I have driven the Phaeton daily. It is a very reliable vehicle and I feel very confident in driving it. You cannot beat it for the money if you can still find one.
Cons: The only complaint that I have is that the release buttons in the drivers side door are difficult to reach. My wife has a hard time reaching the door handle from inside the car when the door is wide open. But other than that I love it.
Overall review: Where else can you drive something akin to a Bentley for the price of an Altima?