1997 Ford Aerostar

1997 Ford Aerostar Prices
1997 Ford Aerostar Fuel Economy
Supervan by Yooper Mom from Iron River, MI on 02/25/2004. Trim: 1997 Ford Aerostar XLT Extended 4WD, Owned 7 years.
Pros: I love my van. I like the AWD, the comfort of 4 captains chairs and the appearance.
Cons: I would gladly buy another Aeorstar, however, Ford is not making them any longer. I do not like the placement of the back seat heat vents. I wish there were more cup holders in the rear seating area.
Overall review: We have over 165,000 miles on our van with very minimal problems. I love my van and do wish we could buy another exactly the same.
Family Van by Van Buff on 05/05/2004. Trim: 1997 Ford Aerostar XLT, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Durability,Rear wheel Drive,7-Passenger for just 3.0L Engine is simplly great on gas milage / Economy,seats are like chairs does not feel like you are sitting on the ground,
Cons: R-U-S-T is big problem, Engine Compartment is to tight for mechanic, Rattelling noise, Boxy Appearance,
Overall review: Great Deal For Dollars
Grow on you by A CarPoint Consumer on 01/31/2001. Trim: 1997 Ford Aerostar XLT, Owned 4 years.
Pros: Reliable. For such a funny looking vehicle, it's fun to drive. It grows on you. Some cars have that quality, and most don't. Front seating is excellent, even for those of us with bad backs.
Cons: no longer made.
Overall review: Get one if you can. They really seem to hold up well. Real workhorse.
the van by dan the man van on 01/21/2001. Trim: 1997 Ford Aerostar XLT, Owned 4 years.
Pros: its got 90,000 miles and in good shape
Cons: its not for me
Overall review: its a nice family van
Review ID: #62077 Is this review offensive?
DEADLY VAN! by MARTY on 08/29/2004. Trim: 1997 Ford Aerostar XLT Extended 4WD, Owned 7 years.
Pros: lots of room
Cons: goes through cv joints like crazy wheel bearings fail at the same time worst problem though is when rear coil spring fails it goes into the tire causing a blow out this not very enjoyable@ 65 MPH ON THE INTERSTATE WITH MY 16 YR. OLD SON AT THE WHEEL! THANK THE LORD WE DIDNT GET IN A ACCIDENT! also it came from the factory with cheap south korean tires with a 'B' traction rating!
Overall review: stay away from this van!