2004 Nissan Frontier

Reliability in a 4 x 4 pkg by jim on 12/05/2011. Trim: 2004 Nissan Frontier XE-V6 Crew Cab 4WD, Owned 7 years.
Pros: This truck is EXTREMELY reliable, I purchased it new in 2004 and it now has 110,000+ miles and is still going strong. I use it to haul logs off the hill, lumber, stone, mulch, etc, etc. and it never lets me down.
Cons: Although it does pretty much what I ask it to do, I do wish it had some more horsepower for those occasions where it would be a big help especially on the highway for passing or for hills.
Overall review: Great truck but could be better with some more ponies under the hood.
Would not own anything else. by An MSN Autos Consumer on 06/20/2012. Trim: 2004 Nissan Frontier XE-V6 Crew Cab Long Bed 2WD, Owned 1 year.
Pros: I love this truck, bought it Aug 2011 with only 32k miles a topper and towing package from u-haul. Gas mileage is not that great but styling and comfort is nice. The big thing is it's dependable .I got it for 13k out the door. This will be the last truck I'll buy. Meaning it will out last me. My last Nissan Frontier(1992) plain jane , had 410k miles when I sold it for $300.00. Nissan makes a great truck! Charlie McGraw
Cons: A little more HP would be nice.
Overall review: Great TRUCK, for the money.
Such a super little Truck! by TheBostonWhaler on 02/19/2013. Trim: 2004 Nissan Frontier XE-V6 King Cab 4WD, Owned 3 years.
Pros: - looks great, superb body lines. - Absolutely amazing reliability, I've never had to do a thing other than regular maintenance - Good looks, I get lots of compliments - honest, gear shifted 4x4 system - no finicky electronic controls to malfunction - Great 4wd performance in snow - Everyone who drives it tells me it has a "smiles per Gallon" rating off the chart, it has that special something that is difficult to define.
Cons: - fuel mileage is pathetic for the horsepower output. This is by far the worst part of the truck. The drivetrain was developed in a time when gas prices weren't a major concern and it shows. Seriously, modern full size trucks with V8s get better mileage. - Plastic everywhere. This is common on all newer vehicles but its still makes the truck feel a bit like a rubbermaid container.
Overall review: I've had this truck for 3 years now, its my third Nissan truck (one pathfinder and one hardbody previous). My nissans have always ran more than 400,000kms without any major repairs or failures. This last model year of the Frontier is basically identical to the older pathfinders and hardbodies under it's skin. There are a few modern upgrades but the engine, transmission and driveline are basically the same. They are seriously bullet proof. I haul motorcycles, snowmobiles, gravel, dirt, tools constantly and this truck has never left me wanting more power. It's not going to compete against a modern V8 but it has more than enough to handle all chores thrown at it. If you live in the north, get it undercoated yearly (do this for all your cars). Rust will kill any vehicle.
Real good trruck by Jorgedichoso from Tampa on 05/22/2011. Trim: 2004 Nissan Frontier XE-V6 Crew Cab 4WD, Owned 6 years.
Pros: Everything.I had this truck going on 6 years and have not complain.
Cons: none
Overall review: I love it
Amazing value and performance by Tom in Northern Arizona on 08/08/2010. Trim: 2004 Nissan Frontier XE-V6 Crew Cab Long Bed 4WD, Owned 3 years.
Pros: Bought it used with 50,000 miles, had it for pver three years and almost 60,000 miles. flawless performance. Exceptional in mud and snow. I should keep this vehicle for another 100K miles easy. It feels like it is just now breaking in. An awesome truck.
Cons: Wish it was a little easier on gas. The back seats are a little cramped for my 6"1" son.
Overall review: Great!