2004 Land Rover Discovery

Loyal LR owner! by Marleek on 06/09/2010. Trim: 2004 Land Rover Discovery S, Owned 4 years.
Pros: I love everything about my LR! In fact, this is the 2nd one I've owned and I hope to keep it for another 5+ years! This truck is tall, which is handy with all the other SUV's on the road and it drives like a dream. But it's also short - excellent for parking in smaller spots on the street. I like the "sport" function and it's much easier to put into 4-wheel drive than my old 98 LR! All in all, it's the perfect car for me! I also love the folks at the dealership - they are honest and helpful. The loaner car program is the best! No waiting for service to be completed. I also love the huge cargo area. I have a baby and two large dogs and everything fits, which is great!
Cons: I wasn't thrilled with the tires that the truck came with... my 1st LR had better traction. My husband (who is tall) sometimes hits his head getting into the car, so I think it's made for shorter people, such as myself!
Overall review: Land Rover is the best brand out there for service and that is why I will continue to buy them! I highly recommend!
Landrover Discovery 2004 TD5 by Gourock Guy Gourock, Scotland on 05/13/2009. Trim: 2004 Land Rover Discovery HSE, Owned 3 years.
Pros: Large,Safe and extremely macho. This really is a top spec vehicle. I have had mine now for 3 years and love it
Overall review: This is a fantastic all round work horse with an almost car like comfort. Gone ar all the problems of body roll instead you get a tight and stable ride even at speed on motorways. The fulll leather interior is of first class quality and the ICE system is on a level par with those loud boom box systems corting hundereds of pounds. If you are looking for a car to house the family and a couple of dogs in acres of space then do not overlook this vehicle. It will do more than you could ever imagine both on and off road. What are you waiting for, get out there and buy one.
Junk, plain and simple by Rachel from Boston on 06/26/2004. Trim: 2004 Land Rover Discovery G4 Edition, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Looks nice
Cons: Poor performance, difficult to drive, underpowered, overall really bad vehicle
Overall review: The Land Rover of old is dead - now its basically a tin can. This is the worst vehicle I have ever owned - DO NOT BUY IT. It costs too much to keep on the road and is basically a nightmare to deal with. Also, the dealer experience was the worst I have ever had. I would never buy or recommend this to anyone. Avoid it at all costs.
my second landrover by speedy in mississippi on 03/02/2008. Trim: 2004 Land Rover Discovery SE, Owned 1 year.
Pros: you sit up high and you can turn on a dime great for a 15 hr drive to texas
Cons: no leg room in the rear seat and the jump seats are not comfortable for a grown adult
Overall review: still love it though ,its great just wish gas would go down LOL had a 99 before this and it was also great
Best Work Truck Ever by AZROVRLOVR on 08/13/2007. Trim: 2004 Land Rover Discovery S, Owned 3 years.
Pros: Best 'work truck' I've ever owned. I'm a territory manager for the entire state of Arizona. This equates to almost 80,000 miles in three years! The only thing I've had to have done to this remarkable vehicle is replace the brakes/rotors @ 30k and 60k ($1500 ea.time) and new tires.
Cons: As above, the brakes.
Overall review: I just love this truck! I've test driven the LR3 for a long weekend. It's a great truck too, but I just can't part with my disco.