2004 BMW X3

Great small SAV! by TJ in Washington, DC on 05/08/2009. Trim: 2004 BMW X3 2.5i, Owned 1 year.
Pros: This is my 4th BMW, having had a 5 series and two X5's. I bought my X3 pre-owned from an amazing dealership that is the largest retailer of pre-owned BMWs in the USA. My X3 came with just 29,000 miles and was in mint condition; practiacally new. I was fearful after having two X5's that I would eventually be disappointed with the X3. I have not been after 14 months of ownership. The ride is tight, spirited and fun. I have both the performance package and the sport package, which I belive makes the 2.5 liter engine feel and ride bigger. It has as much interior cargo room as my X5's had and the gas milege (26 MPG highway) is fantastic. I am a BMW nut and this X3 has not been a disappointment.
Cons: The interior fit/finish is not quite up to BMW standards...a fact that BMW has addressed with the more recent X3's. The ride can be a bit harsh, but jeeze, I've got the sport package with performance tires and live in Washington, DC, where the roads are nasty, so, of course the ride will be a bit harsh! Do get a wind noise from the front of the panoramic moonroof which the dealer has been unable to completely remove.
Overall review: Will trade this one in a few years from now for a 2008 or 2009 version...I like it that much!
Its iight by Princess from Dallas on 04/04/2008. Trim: 2004 BMW X3 2.5i, Owned 3 years.
Pros: The outside of the car is very nice. I like the sixe and the inside is very roomy.
Cons: The leather on the seats gets damaged very easily and can scratch over any little thing.
Overall review: Decent car
Good SAV by An MSN Autos Consumer on 02/18/2008. Trim: 2004 BMW X3 2.5i, Owned 4 years.
Pros: I really like that it is compact, but accommodates my family wonderfully (including the dog). Has great pick up and gas mileage
Cons: The road noise can be better...You feel and hear every bump.
Overall review: Eventhough I don't plan to purchase another BMW, I really enjoy this one...Have had it for 4 years now when I purchased it in Germany.
High "cool" factor - but with blemishes. by NJ Mike on 12/14/2007. Trim: 2004 BMW X3 2.5i, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: High "cool" factor. Sports-car like handling. Attractive styling. Decent function for a small package. Smooth engine.
Cons: Somewhat noisy and rough ride. So-so gas mileage. Many cheap materials in interior. Poor interior storage bins and nooks.
Overall review: Overall, I like this SUV, but realize that for others, it may be a acquired taste. I bought it used under a BMW promotion at a price I couldn't refuse, and I have no regrets, at that price. However, had I bought it new at full price - hmmm.
Review ID: #520059 Is this review offensive?
Sports car in A SAV Body by SJ Slasher on 10/15/2007. Trim: 2004 BMW X3 2.5i, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Handles like a Sports Car
Overall review: Would by this vehicle again