2004 Volkswagen Passat

Ignore the VW reputation by Michelle on 05/31/2011. Trim: 2004 Volkswagen Passat GLS, Owned 2 years.
Pros: The most comfortable car I have ever owned. You feel like you're in a REAL car. Heavy gas pedal, dynamic German suspension gives perfect handling and you barely feel the road you're driving on. Really great on gas because of the turbo, better than my Mazda3. Looks like a benz with the chrome triming inside and out.
Cons: expensive repairs, premium gas, and full-synthetic oil changes. Get passed that, and it's a wonderful car.
Overall review: Traded for a newer car but I miss it already.
Good Buy by mario on 05/23/2011. Trim: 2004 Volkswagen Passat GLS, Owned 8 years.
Pros: Comfort and style
Cons: No daytime illumination of dashboard. gas mileage only fair on 6 cyl model.
Overall review: Good overall size, comfrtable, 6 cyl performs well
Great V-dub by Corey from Cincinnati on 07/26/2010. Trim: 2004 Volkswagen Passat GL, Owned 1 year.
Pros: I love this car. I bought one used in 2009 with about 70,000 miles. It has great looks, the engine runs fantastic, and I love the turbo. Very good with gas.
Cons: Replacement parts are a bit pricey, and also a pain in the neck to replace without a repair manual, but overall not too bad. With the sunroof open, the sun glares badly off of the interior chrome styling around the gear shift.
Overall review: I love the car. Would really recommend to anyone looking for a used VW. I've read bad reviews on the car, but this thing has been fantastic for me.
Unless you are a mechanic, and can fix it yourself----beware! by Farvennot! on 01/09/2009. Trim: 2004 Volkswagen Passat GLS, Owned 4 years.
Pros: Car is beautiful, great fit & finish, superior handling (when not in the dealership for repairs). Fun to drive.
Cons: Coping with the Dealership. Volkswagen use to stand behind their products. Buyers beware- the Dealer loves you until you drive your new car off the lot. The word Customer Service is an Oxymoron with Greenbrier VW in Chesapeake, VA. Yes, my car was seviced, and yes they gave me a loaner, but it was the way they made me feel...................used & abused! It is a shame they do not get it, if they treat customers shabbily, they will buy somewhere else!
Overall review: Its a real shame..........I have had 4 VW's in the last 25 years, but next time I am gonna pass...guess I'll start shopping for Dealership with a heart:)
VW Passat 1.8T by Dublr214 on 08/15/2007. Trim: 2004 Volkswagen Passat GLS, Owned 3 years.
Pros: Nice car overall for the buck. Great available upgrades without voiding the warranty. Decent stereo excellent response with turbo mid speed to high speed. ex: a highway onramp
Cons: small wheels (15in) wipers wash away water right in the drivers view! not bad when going over 50mph. sluggish turbo at low speed. pleather!
Overall review: very nice car.