2004 Volkswagen Golf

2 3 4 5 6 7  Next
I love it!! by An MSN Autos Consumer on 06/28/2007. Trim: 2004 Volkswagen Golf GL 2.0, Owned 2 years.
Pros: I love my little car, I've had it since september of 2006. It came 17 inch bbs rims, and low profile tires, and dark tint. I haven't had any problems with it yet and i bought it used with about 28,000 miles on it. I now have 44,000 on it and it gets me everywhere.
Cons: I have nothing negative to say about this car.
Overall review: I am constantly getting compliments on this car. Its fast, sleek and dependable
"04 VW golf" by spunky from california on 03/27/2007. Trim: 2004 Volkswagen Golf GL 2.0, Owned 1 year.
Pros: the size of the car small yet comfortable
Cons: engine light was on for like a month took it to dealer they couldnt figure out what was wrong with it. very upseting and time consuming
Overall review: all in all cute car and good in gas
Headache waiting to happen by CalGolf on 10/03/2006. Trim: 2004 Volkswagen Golf GL 2.0, Owned 2 years.
Pros: Spacious. I just had a baby and I can fit a stroller, car seat and accessories without having to do the mini-van thing. Plus it feels safe.
Cons: The engine sputters and have had to take it in twice in two years. The battery completely died on me, too. The CD player makes a weird noise if it gets too hot. The service at one particular dealership is awful.
Overall review: Cute, safe and compact but not worth the headache.
Recreation Assistant by peter on 04/07/2006. Trim: 2004 Volkswagen Golf GL 1.9 TDI Sedan, Owned 2 years.
Pros: can go pretty fast
Cons: does not get good gas mileage
Overall review: great little car for its price
Frustration by An MSN Autos Consumer on 01/13/2006. Trim: 2004 Volkswagen Golf GL 2.0, Owned 2 years.
Pros: Decent acceleration. Plenty of interior room. Feel safe in the vehicle, even on the highway with trucks.
Cons: Transmission. EPC & ASR systems. Lots of mechanical problems and the dealer service department is less then useless. It can take years to get problems corrected. Factory support is non-existent. Be very carefull about the dealer you purchase from.
Overall review: If it weren't for my wife it would be gone. Thought about driving it through the dealer window, but the transmission probably wouldn't make it. If the trans didn't screw up, the other systems would. The excuses from the service dept. are worth owning the vehicle. For the longest time the problems with my car were the result of "radio waves" according to the service advisor. This is what you will deal with. By the way, the radio doesn't work properly now. Guess it's all the radio waves.
2 3 4 5 6 7  Next