2004 Lexus IS 300 SportCross

2004 Lexus IS 300 SportCross Prices
2004 Lexus IS 300 SportCross Fuel Economy
Still the best, after all these years. by Kathleen on 10/15/2013. Trim: 2004 Lexus IS 300 SportCross SportCross, Owned 10 years.
Pros: Easy handling, great acceleration, amazing brakes, lots of baggage space. Comfortable, adjustable seating A quality vehicle throughout. I have owned the IS300 2004 sportcross for ten years, and am impressed with the safety, handling, comfort and style. Plan to keep it another ten years. Only have put 51,000 miles on it. Lexus service is beyond all expectation, based on prior experience with other agencies (Nissan, Subaru, Mazda).. One minus: repairing scrathes and deep dents (caught in a hailstorm last year) is expensive because of the high-quality paint job.
Cons: Can't think of any real problems. Lacks enough space to put all my "stuff" in the front.
Overall review: Amazing vehicle, quality, safety, service, performance. My granddaughter (16 tomorrow)' s first car is a Lexus IS250 sport. Her argument for choosing it: "my grandma has a sports car because it's safe, so as a learning driver I want the IS250 which is a safe car too" Who could argue with her? Certainly not her grandma. Accelleration, braking, responsiveness make the split-second difference. I haul a lot of "stuff", the Sportcross has about the same capacity as my daughter's Lexus SUV.
Needs a bit more attitude by tigerdrive in Md on 06/24/2004. Trim: 2004 Lexus IS 300 SportCross SportCross, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Very reliable and superbly crafted in every way.
Cons: Needs a sixth gear in the manual and a higher overdrive in the automatic. Engine is working too hard above 60 mph in top gear for either trans choice. Needs some sort of a traction control system for inclimate weather. The 17s are low profile and the car just isn't the same with any other tire choice. Toyota needs to add at least 35 more horsies to blow out the G35 and the 300i.
Overall review: Great idea that stopped a bit short of being a real huge hit for the Toyota click.
Its a Sportcross!! by An MSN Autos Consumer on 06/06/2004. Trim: 2004 Lexus IS 300 SportCross SportCross, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: a more stylish wagon
Cons: more horsepower
Overall review: stylish inside and out but could use more power.
My first Japanese car by An MSN Autos Consumer on 05/25/2004. Trim: 2004 Lexus IS 300 SportCross SportCross, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: I have been a great fan of German cars, and it is my first Janpanese car, but I am surprised by the quality and endurance of this little car.
Cons: A little awkward styling
Overall review: Awesome
A Unique Car by Saz on 02/13/2004. Trim: 2004 Lexus IS 300 SportCross SportCross, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Car handles great. Nice mix of utility for a one car family like mine. Unique appearance. Brakes, engine is fast enough for me. Six CD in dash player. Lexus quality and service. Hatchback!!!!
Cons: would like adjustable lumbar support, heated seat settings besides on/off, gas mileage, had to order to get my exact specs, Lexus does not market this car enough even to their dealers, some said the car wasn't made any more.
Overall review: To me this is the perfect blend of sport and utility without having a bulky SUV. Handling is superb. Brakes great. I think the interior, I have the full leather, is very comfortable. Build quality is all Lexus. I love to drive curvy roads with this car. Very happy overall and price is reasonable. I considered the Audi A-4 Avant and BMW wagon before deciding on this car. Couldn't get by the Audi reliability issues and BMW price with options was just not worth it to me.