2004 BMW X5

Fun to drive but be prepared to pay by An MSN Autos Consumer on 09/19/2011. Trim: 2004 BMW X5 4.4i, Owned 7 years.
Pros: Great performance, fit and finish. I still drive this car today and it drives better than most new cars
Cons: It's had it's fair share of problems, fortuneatly most taken care of under warranty. The entire panoramic sunroof had to be replaced, electrical problems, head lamp replacement, intake valves ...you name it. I probably spend about $2500 per year on maintiance issues (out of warranty). That being said no car payment is nice so I can save for the maintinance.
Overall review: Overall I would probably buy it again, although I hope BMW has improved their quality.
Amazing all around vehicle by An MSN Autos Consumer on 04/03/2009. Trim: 2004 BMW X5 4.4i, Owned 1 year.
Pros: - The vehicle has lived up to the hype. Not the fastest vehicle I have owned and not the best handling vehicle I have owned...but does have the most harmonious drive of any vehicle of any vehicle I have driven. - Does not corner as one would perceive a 5000+ lb SUV. The X5 bites hard in corners at speeds in excess of 80+ and maintains a flat horizontal plane. Drives and handles like sports car and not an SUV. - It doesn't rain much in So. Tex., so when it does the roads become VERY slick. XDrive makes you feel like you are on dry pavement even in those conditions. - Sport package is a bit bumpy, but that is to be expected when you get the "sport package".
Cons: - Does not have all the whistles and bells as my '03 Silverado SS, although future models may include now. - My 5' 2" - 105 lb wife has some difficulty handling the doors on hills or in gusty conditions (but I understand those heavy doors help make the X5 "the safest vehicle ever tested"). A trade-off to be sure. - Those cup holder springs that hold drinks in place break off too easy. I have two of six remaining. I slide the cover over that eyesore when not in use. - Ipod cable cost twice as much as my Ipod and could have better Ipod controls (controls work like a shuffle).
Overall review: The X5 is a vehicle to be driven. Don't recomend the sport package if you are a soccer mom, for the sacrifice in road comfort...If you like to drive, go for it! My BMW friends have been beating me down for my preferance to American and Japanese, but after owning my X5 for some time now I see what I have been missing and now I am offically hooked. I am getting 19.4 mpg with mixed city/highway driving. To me that is impressive for a 5000+ lb, 315 hp, AWD, V8, SUV. And I am not one to deny myself the thrill of feeling the 4.4 accelerate.
A nice choice by Dr., Toronto on 01/01/2009. Trim: 2004 BMW X5 3.0i, Owned 5 years.
Pros: What I like... Were do I star. First of all the car is very comfy and luxurious and taking it up to the cottage is no problem, In other words it will last.
Cons: Im not sure. sorry
Overall review: Overall this is well rounded care for the well rounded person. From soccer practise to work it will do it all.
The Ultimate Driving Machine. by Angel on 12/06/2007. Trim: 2004 BMW X5 3.0i, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Safety features, handling and confurt untouchable by other SUV.
Overall review: Best SAV in the market, you get the most for your money.
Review ID: #519570 Is this review offensive?
Confidence on the road by Alexis on 10/10/2007. Trim: 2004 BMW X5 4.4i, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Definitely, the best car I ever owned. Previous brand and maker do not match my X5 2004. I bought the car with Sport Package, and moon-roof as extras. Acceleration is fantastic, breaking formidable and the legroom for driver and passengers is just perfect – you may have some legroom issues if you are a basketball player.
Cons: The basic sounds system could have been better. If you like to hear your favorite music a top sound quality an upgrade is recommended. The cargo area is small for a car of that size.
Overall review: I love it!