1997 Ford F-150

1997 Ford F-150 Prices
1997 Ford F-150 Fuel Economy
Old dependable by Bill in Celina, Tx on 01/06/2012. Trim: 1997 Ford F-150 SuperCab Short Bed 2WD, Owned more than 10 years.
Pros: I bought this Ford used with 42,000 miles on it and it has been a workhorse. I currently have 265,000 miles on and have done very little as far as preventine maintenance. Changed the plugs and wires once. I had a front seal go out on the transmission once and 4 oxygen sensors. Other then that just tires, brakes and oil changes. I just took a 570 mile road trip to Houston and back an she purred like a kitten. Best truck going for it's time. Previously had a Ranger that had over 275,000. I also have a 07 Escape with 151,000. All of these vehicles have been great.
Cons: 3rd door not being on the driver side
Overall review: Can't wait for my next one.
Badassery Truck by Jess on 04/11/2014. Trim: 1997 Ford F-150 SuperCab Short Bed 4WD, Owned more than 10 years.
Pros: Love my truck at 198749 miles it still runs great. The 5.4 have awesome towing ability and gives me reasonable MPG. I have pulled many newer trucks out of both snow banks and mud holes. I like the size of the cab better than todays big four door trucks.
Cons: I replaced the cab corners and rocker panels, the factory brake lines rotted sooner than I thought they should.
Overall review: I love this truck because it works, day in and day out it starts runs and stops. NO DRAMA
great truck by pa f150 owner on 10/31/2011. Trim: 1997 Ford F-150 SuperCab Short Bed 4WD, Owned more than 10 years.
Pros: 198000 miles runs and rides almost like new. Most dependable vehicle I have ever owned.
Cons: truck starting to rust, guess it is 15 years old.
Overall review: Everything still works on truck. starting to show her age but can't believe how well it runs and rides yet. still solid no creaks or noises.
"Love my truck" by RCO on 08/02/2011. Trim: 1997 Ford F-150 SuperCab Flareside Short Bed 4WD, Owned more than 10 years.
Pros: Like everything about it.Great truck!
Cons: It's getting old like me.
Overall review: Love this truck. Bought it new in "98". 4.6 V8 runs like the day I bought it. Would like to buy a new one but can't part with this one. Have 109,000 miles on it. [Take care of your truck and your truck will take care of you.]
Super Truck by An MSN Autos Consumer on 06/23/2011. Trim: 1997 Ford F-150 SuperCab Flareside Short Bed 2WD, Owned 8 years.
Pros: Reliability and comfort
Cons: wheel cover shims
Overall review: Great truck would buy again.