2004 BMW 7-Series

Very Nice Sedan, so far, so good by Docrad on 11/13/2008. Trim: 2004 BMW 7-Series 745i, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Powerful, very good braking. Still a eye turner.
Cons: Idrive grows on you but it takes a while getting use to it. Exterior styling, you either love it or hate it, but it must be popular because other brands copying it (mercedes s, honda, etc)
Overall review: I love the drive. Still praying I don't get any electrical problems. Have had none so far.
Truly the Ultimate Driving Machine by An MSN Autos Consumer on 09/29/2012. Trim: 2004 BMW 7-Series 745i, Owned 7 years.
Pros: Tremendous touring car
Cons: Trunk space
Overall review: Great driving car
German Junk by David A. on 05/20/2007. Trim: 2004 BMW 7-Series 745Li, Owned 3 years.
Pros: Not much except for the interior room. Too many problems for this much money! My companion has a Jag XJ VandenPlas and has proven to be a much superior vehicle to this over-rated BMW. Once I can unload this thing, I'll be driving a Jag and loving it.
Cons: Too complicated. Too many times out of service for various problems.
Overall review: Would not recommend to my worst enemy.
Stay away from this car unless you want to live at the repair shop by Doug on 06/22/2005. Trim: 2004 BMW 7-Series 745Li, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Big, fast and handles well.
Cons: Non-stop technical problems and visits to the dealer. Pieces iof the undercarriage are cheaply made and fall off, and are not covered by warranty. Gas mileage is much worse than advertsied. Bluetooth was never delivered as promised. Satellite Radio never delivered as promised.
Overall review: Non-stop technical problems and visits to the dealer. The car is a little over a year old. I bought it brand new and paid over $82,000 with options. The car did not work the day I picked it up. It spent 11 days in the shop. In the last year, it has been in the shop more than 60 days. Every time they try to fix a problem, then create or cause new ones. I have only 10,000 miles on it. It is kind of a joke at this point. The Lemon law kicked n ages ago, but they did not want to give me a new car without a legal hassle. BMW seems to have become so successful that neither they nor their dealers are willing to stand behind their products. Bottom line... BMW has lost me forever. I will never buy another BMW product, nor will I recommend it to anyone. And I know many others that feel the same as I do.
WHY DO PEOPLE CRITISIZE THIS CAR???? IT's PERFECT by CraigLV on 08/10/2004. Trim: 2004 BMW 7-Series 745i, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Why are people complaining about this cars' styling?? They must be computer geeks or something! The whole reason I picked this car was BECAUSE of it's cutting edge designing. I believe the only people that are complaining about the I-DRIVE dilemma are those that shouldn't be driving this type of automobile........Simply amazing in every respect and a steal for around 75 grand.
Cons: The engine could be a tad more powerful for a car that handles this well. Maybe around 375 horses or so........Other than that, it is AWFULELY tough to find any department this car has a flaw in..
Overall review: Styling is Definately in tune with the times........I really hope it doesn't go through an early re-design like the rumors have it. The fit, finish, technology and performance make this the most complete care ever introduced to the public for now...........who know's what BMW has up it's sleeve for the near future......Maybe an M7??? That would be nice......