2004 Kia Optima

The "BEST" car I have ever had. by Profgiol from Miami, FL on 05/27/2009. Trim: 2004 Kia Optima LX V6, Owned 4 years.
Pros: Its smoothness. Everything works or reacts smoothly when needed. Ride, steering, acceleration, brakes and accessories. The vehicle feels solid now as it did day one five years ago. The automatic transmission with the "manual" mode is a lot of fun once I leave Florida and venture into the mountains. It really helps you control the car without the combersome clutch.
Cons: I wish it was a big bigger overall. My other car is a 2000 Ford Taurus and, eventhough it does not compare quality/performance/accessories wise, the Taurus size is the perfect size for 5 passengers and luggage. I understand the 2009 KIA and its brother the Hunday Sonata are bigger in overall size, comparable to my Taurus.
Overall review: Excellent car. Good service from the dealer too.
Fall Apart! by Frustrated from Las Vegas on 08/01/2008. Trim: 2004 Kia Optima LX V6, Owned 4 years.
Pros: I have had my car for 4 years and up until recently have love everything about it. It was a dream car. I do a lot of driving and this car was great for me. I never had a problem until the last couple of months! It is a very smooth ride and it is fun to drive! It's spacious and has a great sound system in it.
Cons: At around 50,000 miles my car began to fall apart. It started dying in the middle of the road! I would have to put the car in park and turn it back on. I took it to the dealership and after a month of back and fourth they fixed that problem and now my car won't turn on after I get gas, I have to rev the engine and feed it gas for 5 minutes before I can drive away or it dies. I have taken it to 2 different dealerships to try to handle this problem and it seems like they just throw parts at it to try to keep me content, but never really try to fix the problem. I am a single mother and I depend on my car. I also had a problem with the wiper fluid, it quit working after about 2 years.
Overall review: I would never buy another Kia (or Hyundai because they are the same company). I would tell anyone looking at one to run the other way. Understand the warranty before you buy the car because it is not what you think. My car fell apart half way into the warranty and now I am stuck in this death trap of a car because I believed that KIA was a decent car to own. Be careful and really know what you are getting yourself into.
THE ULTIMATE KIA by An MSN Autos Consumer on 05/15/2007. Trim: 2004 Kia Optima LX V6, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: i LOVE IT, VERY ROOMY AND COMFORABLE
Cons: NA
Overall review: great car
Got a bad one by An MSN Autos Consumer on 09/18/2004. Trim: 2004 Kia Optima EX V6, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: styling and price
Cons: lots of mechanical problems (steering) within first 6 months of ownership. Kia is buying ours back after a bunch of calls.
Overall review: I would steer clear of Kia personally. Local dealer is the major reason why. Service department couldn't do the repairs properly. Check out your dealer before you buy!
Good quality for not alot of money by Optima Mom from Elkhart, IN on 02/27/2004. Trim: 2004 Kia Optima EX, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: You get alot for your money. It handles well and doesnt look like an "economy" car, which usually look like what you paid for. (cheap). It has lots of interior room and runs very smooth. Good family car and recomended by my mechanic.
Cons: The only thing bad about my Kia is the fact that is a Kia, people assume that it not of good quality and will fall apart. I believe that in the last few years Kia has been working hard to change thier image and the Optima is proof.
Overall review: I would not hesitate to buy another when the time comes.