2004 Nissan Altima

Great First Foreign by Jimmy D the V on 08/03/2010. Trim: 2004 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE, Owned 3 years.
Pros: Great room, great handling, great acceleration, great looks, great prices. What else can one ask for? My friends with other cars always comment how great my car is - VW Passat, Chevy Malibu, Saturn L-3000, Olds Intrigue, even an older Altima. It's a great car for taller and bigger people. The front doors are larger and have more entry room than my grandpa's 1989 Lincoln Towncar (a boat). Love the accelerated handling, the PRO features (hold the LOCK on your fob & watch what happens or just one push on the sunroof or windows and watch the AUTO take over). My sound system has caused my coworkers to ask how much it cost me to install it. I haven't told them yet it came basic and installed.
Cons: Turning radius is horrible. You should request a bumper sticker that says "Caution: Vehicle Makes Wide Turns" Not so perfect in snowy conditions. I miss my SUV so much I think I am going to buy another or trade based on winter driving alone. Great summer/rain car, not so wintery. Key fob ink disappears and you have to memorize your buttons Timing chain maintenance costs more than the car is worth, according to dealer estimates. Stay away from dealerships when maintenance is due. They quoted me $2k to fix the problem, an independent mechanic quoted $330 which included brand parts and an oil change. Haven't had the problem since. Lack of oil pressure causes noise in engine. FYI!!
Overall review: Love this car. If it only had 4WD and a non-trucker turning radius. Can't live without my sunroof!!
Transmission Problems with a Nissan Altima by 'Quetta on 12/21/2010. Trim: 2004 Nissan Altima 2.5, Owned 5 years.
Pros: It was pretty reliable up to 100,000 miles
Cons: The tires wear badly. Also at 107,000 miles transmission problem developed. According to the transmission mechanic, rings needed to be replace, there was a lot of dirt in the transmission. I'm not sure I am explaining it correctly. I went to 3 transmission places. 1 out of the 3 told me what was wrong. I didn't believe him. The other two said they could not tell me what was wrong until they took the transmission out and examined it. The one I chose told me basically the same thing that the one mechanic told me who had not taken the transmission out. He said he had seen it in other Nissans. Did other Nissan owners have this problem???
Overall review: Up until this transmission problem I was satisfied with the performance of the car
Great value for all the amenities by Joleen - Denver on 06/02/2008. Trim: 2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S, Owned 4 years.
Pros: The seating is great. Tall people can even fit in back comfortably, yet you don't feel like you are driving a limo. The trunk space is great for all the kid related gear one accumulates. It gets good gas mileage for the size. I have repeatedly been able to get around 35 mpg on the interstate, once it even got 40 mpg, on a trip from Colorado to Iowa, with some tail wind. I still feel like I am driving a somewhat sporty car even though it is a sedan with a carseat in it.
Cons: The standard headlights are useless. I also have 2 other friends with this car, and we all agree. My husband replaced them, and I can see much better now. The turning radius is also a disappointment. Those would be the top 2 things Nissan should work on. I would like if the interiors were a little less "plastic". I am a fan of GM interiors though.
Overall review: Great value for all the amenities.
97 Altima vs 04 Altima by Colorado Springs on 03/29/2004. Trim: 2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: The style and exterior looks are great. I love the way it handles on the interstate; I was cursing at 80mph and felt like the engine had plenty left in the tank. We bought the 5-speed and love the pick up and go on this vehicle; a couple of times I burned out at a red light. Gas milage is awesome. The stereo is awesome, I love driving down the road listening to my music seeing people look at this awesome vehicle as I drive by.
Cons: The blonde cloth interior is not my favorite.
Overall review: Great car, I'm glad to have it parked in my driveway. For the amount of money it's more than enough. I would recommend this vehicle to anyone. We bought the Mystic Emerald; at first I did not like the color but it has a very distinct look and just emphisas the cool look of the car.
Looks great....so far by Skippy on 01/19/2004. Trim: 2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S, Owned 1 year.
Pros: very stylish looking car.....sleeker than Camry or Accord
Cons: none yet....too early to tell.
Overall review: lots of compliments so far....can't wait to drive it in the summer