2004 Toyota RAV4

Exellent and very comfortable small SUV by DM from Rock Hill, SC on 05/06/2004. Trim: 2004 Toyota RAV4 4WD, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Excellent ride. There are many standard options such as Traction&Stability control, ABS brakes, Tire pressure system, everything power, that SUVs and cars with price tag 30K + have only. Optional are side airbags and curtains, 4WD. I have had this vehicle for 2 months, and I have been enjoying the ride always. The engine is very powerful, and auto trans. is very smooth.
Cons: RAV 4 gets 25miles/g which is very good for SUV; however, I just wish, if I can get a little bit more.
Overall review: If you are in the market for small SUV, RAV 4 is the best choice. Ford Escape, Jeep Liberty, Honda CR-V, Mazda Tribute, Mitsubishi Outlander, Suzuki Grandvitara, Subary Forester are nice small SUVs; however they DO NOT OFFER Traction/Stability control as standard option. In addition, Toyota 4WD system is automatic and is rated one of the best. Toyota RAV 4 is not vehicle for going into the woods. It is a sleek SUV with very well designed interior and exterior. I would say that Lexus designed it! It has everything a driver wants!
The RAV4 is a great vehicle by Bill R. on 05/25/2012. Trim: 2004 Toyota RAV4 4WD, Owned 8 years.
Pros: Very reliable except when you need to repair it, I bought my Toyota RAV4 with 8 miles on it out of the showroom in 2004.
Cons: Usual Maintenance. Minor tune up with new spark plugs air filter and cabin filter twice Brakes twice each front and back. Oil changes every 3000 miles. I have had to change the tires three times so far, it just hit the 100,000 mileage mark. Had a 3 system flush done, Transmission,Engine Cioolant,Power Steering fluid change, second time for transmission. I had one Major Repair. This is not usual! It was the Intake manifold a 700.00 repair that the mechanic could not explain why it was bad but said tro call Toyota Customer care and they said it is not normal but it is a mechanical repair that could go bad, Thanks for purchasing our SUV . hmmm That was great customer experience.
Overall review: The RAV4 is very good vehicle, just wanted to give you my 2 cents worth of the costly repair. Hope nothing follows this one.
The little SUV that could. by An MSN Autos Consumer on 05/15/2012. Trim: 2004 Toyota RAV4 4WD, Owned 8 years.
Pros: This vehicle is so reliable and fun to drive. It has served us better than any other SUV we have owned. I highly recommend this 2004 RAV 4 to anyone looking for a good used vehicle. I purchased mine new and usually would have traded it by now but I can't find anything I like better and enjoy as much.
Cons: The only thing I would like to see changed is the tire on the back door be placed somewhere else.
Overall review: I would rate this vehicle and it's performance a 10.
Great Little SUV by Connie in Kansas City on 12/30/2010. Trim: 2004 Toyota RAV4 4WD, Owned 6 years.
Pros: I've owned my RAV since I bought it new in 2004. A wonderful car in every aspect. Easy to park, drive, getting in and out. I can haul most anything, and no winter weather has slowed me down with my 4WD. I'm 53 years old, and this is by far the best vehicle I've ever owned!
Cons: Rough riding sometimes. It has a short wheelbase.
Overall review: Great car! Easy to drive and own.
Quality, versatility by Jim Brampton Ontario, Canada on 12/06/2008. Trim: 2004 Toyota RAV4 4WD, Owned 2 years.
Pros: My RAV is as reliable as a sledge-hammer. A huge improvement on my last car a Chevy Malibu. RAV now has with 130,000 Km, zero unscheduled maintenance. Still has original battery, second set of tires. It looks good if you like stumpy, dumpy, frumpy. A foot shorter than my wife's Corolla, highly manouverable. Very versatile. Leave back seats at home, cargo space of a mini-pickup. Standard transmission is buttery-smooth, clutch brakes too. Controls feel like a high-end Mercedes.
Cons: A lot of road noise, rough, harsh ride, like a motorised skate-board. Cheap sound system, like a two dollar transistor radio. No cassette player.
Overall review: I've had over fifty cars over fifty years, The RAV is the most likeable. Treat it like a baby. Wash it every second day, change oil every 2800 Km. Keep it RustChecked. Not a bit of rust so far. Fit and finish of body and trim components, tight, flawless. HVAC system performs perfectly, summer, winter.