1997 Ford Club Wagon

1997 Ford Club Wagon Prices
1997 Ford Club Wagon Fuel Economy
Ford Club Wagon by A CarPoint Consumer on 02/25/2001. Trim: 1997 Ford Club Wagon XLT HD, Owned 2 years.
Pros: We have the 5.4 liter V8 it tows our camper and our boat like nothings behind it and it also has awsome acceleration.
Cons: We had to get the roof raised on the garage to fit it in
Overall review: I think every one should have one of thies
The workhorse by An MSN Autos Consumer on 05/03/2013. Trim: 1997 Ford Club Wagon, Owned 3 years.
Pros: It has the most room out of our three cars. Their is room for two Yamaha four wheelers with the seats removed.
Cons: It is not a sports car.
Overall review: It is a heavy duty cargo van that has the capabilities to carry twelve people, camp gear, two coolers, while towing a 23ft boat.
Fix Or Repair Daily by Rich from Genoa Il. on 02/05/2004. Trim: 1997 Ford Club Wagon XLT Super, Owned 8 years.
Pros: V-10 is great for pulling a trailer. Interior room is great
Cons: The engine is not mounted strongly enough and both rear exhaust manifold bolts have broken off from the engine torque. The blend door has failed three times, causing the heater to fail. First time it happened under warranty, but the next cost me $500 each. This is a Ford enginering failure and they refuse to help. Also trouble with the ABS system.
Overall review: We were amazed at Ford's total lack of concern and help!!!
Ultimate Vacation Vehicle by A MSN Autos Consumer on 01/16/2003. Trim: 1997 Ford Club Wagon XL, Owned 7 years.
Pros: Comfortable,dependable, versatile, larger than other SUV's at 1/2 the cost
Cons: Twin I-Beam front axle,
Overall review: Excellent for a large family. Room for baggage, coolers, eqt. Overlooked by most SUV buyers.
Lemon by Kerry from Portland, OR on 11/19/2002. Trim: 1997 Ford Club Wagon XLT Super, Owned 4 years.
Cons: I have put 100,000 miles on my van and have had constant brake trouble. I have had the ABS controler replaced, the rear brakes replaced twice, and the front brakes replaced twice. The rear brakes have been dragging since three months after I bought it and no one can find the problem. The service engine soon light has been on for months and after sinking several hundred dollers into it the problem still exists. The heater "blend door" has malfunctioned several times and been replaced.
Overall review: It's a lemon and I would not recomend that any one buy one. I have found the local dealers to be little help and Ford themselves not much better. Ford did kick in $350 toward the $1000 ABS controller.