2004 Jaguar X-TYPE

RE :This is a Ford Contour people! Don't be fooled by An MSN Autos Consumer on 05/19/2004. Trim: 2004 Jaguar X-TYPE 2.5, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Everything
Cons: Maybe a little more room in the rear.
Overall review: The person who compared the jaguar X-type to a Ford Contour DOES NOT!!! know what he is talking about. You are not very smart. I have a suggestion for you to do before you put wrong information on the internet. Look up Motortrend Magazine for November 2003. Go to the
Great Car by George from Florida on 06/12/2011. Trim: 2004 Jaguar X-TYPE 3.0, Owned 6 years.
Pros: I have owned this car for 6 years now and, even though I am not a "car person", I love it. I have 87000 miles on it and have had no problems other than the regular tire and brake replacements. I even got 5 full years out of the battery, and Florida weather is tough on them. Dealer service under the warranty was excellent. Recently blew two of the tires in heavy traffic and the car barely shuddered; truly superior handling and control over any of my previous cars. Gas mileage is very good, and I was lucky enough not to have had any of the sound issues some of the other reviewers mentioned. I intend to keep it as long as it runs, and will definitely consider another Jaguar when the time comes.
Cons: The space between the seats and the middle console; it's big enough for all sorts of things to fall in, but too small for my hand to go in after them and retreive them
Overall review: Excellent buy for me, worth the money.
Great little car for the money! by Bart on 01/18/2009. Trim: 2004 Jaguar X-TYPE 3.0, Owned 1 year.
Pros: I love the exterior styling. The look of the X-Type is being copied by alomst every car manufacturer today, and yet nothing looks quite as nice. Standard AWD is a big plus for those of us in snowy regions.
Cons: Back seat leg room is not good.
Overall review: I bought this car two months ago. I usually buy brand new, but with the economy the way it is, I could not justify dumping $40K into a new vehicle. I founf this X-Type online with only 21K miles and a price tag of arounf $12K. For the money, I am extremely satisfied.
If it hums at 70, you are in for a fight with Jag. by vacotton from Murray, UT on 03/20/2004. Trim: 2004 Jaguar X-TYPE 3.0, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Such a classy looking vehicle with such promise to bring the Jaguar mystique to the middle class. This car is undoubtedly the best performance ride that I have driven in many a year for its class. The fragrance of the Connelly hides are distinctively Jaguar.
Cons: Alas, Jaguar seems to live up to its dubious reputation in that one is warned to buy two instead of one: One for the road while the other is being fixed. We took delivery of a brand new X type and with only 500 miles on it we had to go to war with first the dealer and then Jaguar Cars in order to remedy a bad drive line vibration. After being pushed off for so many times by the dealer, we finally had to have our attorney speak with them before getting any real help in solving this problem. We will see if this pretty but seemingly fragile vehicle will survive the coming year in Utah.
Overall review: This is truly a tragedy for Ford, such a great company. I have owned several Ford products and intend to continue my faith in Ford. However, I feel that top management had better get more hands-on with the Jaguar Division as their products seem to still live up to the dubious reputation of Jaguars of the past. So, let the buyer beware. It seems that "high maintenance" is a term coined for this lovely vehicle. However, if you are tough, persistent, and willing to show Jaguar who the boss is from the get-go then this might be the car for you. Of course, if you just want to buy a car and not worry then a Lincoln LS might be the better buy.
Review ID: #419367 Is this review offensive?
2004 Jag X-Type by Eileen in central PA on 04/23/2014. Trim: 2004 Jaguar X-TYPE 3.0, Owned 10 years.
Pros: Nice ride
Cons: I liked it overall.
Overall review: I recommend it