2004 Lexus ES 330

Problematic Owners should try this Fix and see if they don't like their car by KWilly from Fla on 12/15/2007. Trim: 2004 Lexus ES 330 Sedan, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Suprising Gas Mileage ( 30-31 highway)...acceleration for a V6....quietness....regular gas
Cons: handling is a little soft.......exhaust pipe is a single and hangs down lower than needs to be. No radio controls on steering......
Overall review: I remedied the lag in the acceleration by having the dealer perform the Service Bulletin on the transmision. You have to request it, but it is free. As the car learns how you drive , I immeadiately drove the car as I wanted it to operate( kinda hard and fast) right after the "reflashing" of the transmission software. I also added a K&N air filtration. It also helped to smooth things out. I have no hesitaion off the line anymore and only slight sort of a "turbo " like lag between 60 - 80 mph. Much like a 4 barrell carb opening up...I've read the complaints in the reviews and think that maybe they are a litle unfair as the rest of the car is really nice for the price. I had BMW and Mercedes and although both a real nice , they are high maintenance
Review ID: #520161 Is this review offensive?
sweet ride by tim on 10/25/2013. Trim: 2004 Lexus ES 330 Sedan, Owned 10 years.
Pros: sweet ride!
Cons: none
Overall review: sweet ride
great car for the money by JD on 12/23/2008. Trim: 2004 Lexus ES 330 Sedan, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Pretty good on gas (22mpgs), a good solid vehicle. This is my second es and I love it just as much as the first.
Cons: Just like many others, the transmission is a little shaky and could use more power.
Overall review: Overall, this is a great car. I was looking for an avalon but I got the lexus with 29000 miles on it for much less than I found many used avalons. I think I made a great purchase. the first was traded on a sequoia as a gift for my wife. It had high miles but was in excellent condition. I would recommend this vehicle to anyone. And the dealership in Alexandria and Chantilly VA have both been superb.
Runs like warm butter spreads. by Lex Fanatic on 01/27/2008. Trim: 2004 Lexus ES 330 Sedan, Owned 1 year.
Pros: It runs like warm butter spreads. I can especially feel the difference after i have been driving my 91 toyota pickup w/o power steering. Its still an excellent truck, but the lex feels like a warm bath. The v6 3.3L engine responds nicely when i need it to. Its also a luxury car that runs very well on regular gas. Im a die hard toyota/lexus fan. But if i ever went German, I would go with BMW. In dash 6 cd changer, cassette hookup???? It comes in handy though for a clear connection from my ipod. I also love the automatic headlight and wiper sensors features. the wipers adjust their speed and come on automatically. The windshield repels the rain nicely.
Cons: The fact that it does not have stereo controls on the steering wheel, as well as the fact that it does not come with an ipod hookup standard.
Overall review: Other than the cons i have, i would not hesitate to buy this car again, especially at the excellent price i got it for.
2004 ES330 after 10k miles by TR on 01/03/2005. Trim: 2004 Lexus ES 330 Sedan, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Decent styling, quality finish. 3.3L V6 has good acceleration, although not the best. Excellent car for road trips. 6 CD in dash is nice, as are a lot of the "nice to have" things -- leather seats have memory and are heated, heated mirror defroster.
Cons: Automatic Transmission is horrible -- not smooth, excessive hesitation. Some squeaks and rattles that should not be in a car of this quality. Overall "Lexus Experience" has been disappointing after all of the hype and recommendations from friends.
Overall review: This car isn't excellent at anything, but it's overall better than most. I can't say I'd recommend it, but it's a good car overall.