2004 Acura MDX

Great Family SUV - Safe and Content-Rich. Buy USED!! by Mongo on 03/31/2009. Trim: 2004 Acura MDX Touring w/ Nav and Rear DVD, Owned 5 years.
Pros: The features and build quality are top notc, and the sound system and NAV are class-leading. May family was hit in the side by a pickup doing 30 mph. The side airbags and solid build enabled everyone to walk away unharmed, with only minor damage to the vehicle. Traction in snow and sand (soft roading) is adequate, but not up to truck-based SUV standards. Fold-flat rear seats are very convenient.
Cons: The front seats are uncomfortable for tall drivers, and there is little leg room for those in the second row. Have had some intermittent gremlins with the steering wheel radio controls, and the resale is awful for an Acura. The factory Michelins were shot at 40K miles (evidence of dry rot). Put on Goodyear Tripletreads, which improved handling and traction dramatically.
Overall review: A great family SUV. Recommend buying it used, and letting the original owner eat the depreciation.
The Very Best by DLS on 04/01/2005. Trim: 2004 Acura MDX Touring w/ Nav, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Everything
Cons: There is nothing to dislike
Overall review: In a nut shell: My ife rolled the vehicle and caused over $17,000.00 damage to vehicle. To herself: Not a sratch nor a bruise.
"GREAT VALUE SUV" by RSP16 on 02/25/2005. Trim: 2004 Acura MDX Touring w/ Nav and Rear DVD, Owned 1 year.
Pros: GREAT BOSE AUDIO SYSTEM AND 4x4 SYSTEM ACURA OFFERS ON MDX.
Cons: BREAKING IS NOT GOOD, NVI IS LITTLE SLOW AND TOO LITTLE LEG ROOM IN THE THIRD ROW.
Overall review: GREAT VALE FOR THE MONEY!
Very nice vehicle compared to any thing else in it class by Arnie on 03/10/2013. Trim: 2004 Acura MDX Touring, Owned 9 years.
Pros: I have owned this vehiclesince new in 2004. We have over 115K mile. Welove it and would replace it with another Acura. (that would be our 5th) HOwever each one seems to be of lesser quality than the previous one.The preformance of the V6 n the 1988 Legend was superior to any that they have produce since. It would set you back in your seat when you were driving @ 95 MPH and never miss a beat. We don't have that type of performance anymore. I love the overall quality of Acura even though I feel it is not as high as it could be. That started when they brought out the Vigor. We got over 80,000 miles on the original tires and our dealership gave us a new set of OEM tires for servicing with them.
Cons: Electrical problems with the radio and trip programing
Overall review: We got over 80,000 miles on our first set of tires and still going on original brakes. This is a much better vehicle for us than the RX that we had considered when buying this one. There is more room, power and performance in this than the RX330 or RX350 either. i if you want better gas mileaged get your foot off of the accelorater. We get 18 to 22 all the time. We are very happy with our MDX and wiil probably get another one for our next vehicle
The SUV that drives like a race car.... by Leadfoot on 05/09/2008. Trim: 2004 Acura MDX Touring, Owned 4 years.
Pros: GREAT CAR. Big SUV shoulder and leg room inside, but a sedan-sized wheelbase - so easy to park and good for in town. Good mileage for all wheel drive (26 hwy, 18 city). Cost of ownership is good -Absolutely no repairs of any kind and my insurance company gave me better safety rates. Oil changes and checkups only during four years. Third seat is not bad - so we can get seven in comfortably, and when that seat is down - very large cargo space. No squeaks or rattles yet. While deciding what car to buy, I took home the MDX and a Lexus. It was an easy choice for the MDX - better acceleration (much better!), better handling on corners (AWD), LOVE the Bose stereo (huge difference!).
Cons: Mileage on all cars needs to improve. Unable to add built in navigation if not installed when bought. Of course can add free-standing, but I have the screen, so it's a shame I can't use it. Navigation systems became more popular after I bought - I wanted to add...
Overall review: Great car. I recommend it highly. If they don't mess it up with goofy redesigns, I'll buy another one!